Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gentz
    very needed but......I think they need to get the verus working correctly first and fully functional...this would be the topping of the cake....
    Thanks For the supports, keep it coming and Yes I agree the Verus has to be repaired, and I hope they do, we have to continue reporting its bugs to get Snap-On to Fix it. If We don't ask they wont hear us..Thanks Guys..
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• sandt38
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Wheel
      This is nicely done. Perhaps as good as or better than a Genisys.
      This is now achievable by Snap On since conquering the key issue.
      Now what we all need to do is give Snap On a convincing explanation of why we need this.

As you know, the check engine light doesn't come on for a LOT of the codes today's cars generate. Therefore they often get missed because
      a large percent of the time we are looking for engine performance codes only and these get ignored. This feature makes scanning for them
      much easier which will make it more likely for a lazy mechanic like me to do it. This provides a better opportunity to sell work one otherwise wouldn't even know was there, and helping to do so by providing a nice printable analysis to give the customer as in the example given. Customers tend to trust the word of these machines more than the word of the mechanic using them so this is critical. This test is so fast and easy that a shop would be money ahead to do it to EVERY car that comes in for any reason, even if one had to do it for free. 1. it could generate more business 2.To cover your behind - do this before anything else and the customer can't blame you for a pre-existing problem !
      3. it's just a good 1st step in your diagnosis as has been mentioned.

Also, this is a fantastic test to offer customers on a used car before purchasing it.

Did I miss anything ???
      I am a huge fan of scanning all modules. It is really nice to see all module failures as it can simplify diagnosis in today's virtual systems. So much information on newer cars is delivered to one module from another module. So IMO it just makes sense to allow us to see all fault code info with the press of a single button.

[QUOTE=jrorl63;27635]
      Originally posted by Trindaddy
      Yes I ask them if they checked with Global OBDII mode. Many still don't understand the difference between Manufacturer Specific & Global OBDII scanning. Scanning all modules for DTC's would definitely help overcome this challenge.
      That's great. But why not make it easier on us and provide a complete system scan in manufacturer specific, or even a simple generic OBDII scan within each manufacturer? OTC has done that, providing generic OBDII in the enhanced sections where full system scans are unavailable. It is so much nicer to have it in a simple menu so I don't have to enter, scan, exit, enter and scan again.

Believe me, I am not saying that OTC tools are nicer then my Verus, but they do seem a little more intuitive in cases such as this.
      Last edited by sandt38; 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

Hey Snappy Don't forget about us?? We really do want all Module status and DTC support. Please give us this great capability.. that all that's missing to having this great tool. Thanks for adding all those other things we've asked for. I can't stop insisting because I really do want this. So far I've seen it on some vehicle makes, and I hope it is added to many more especially for GM Class2 and GMLAN. But just like OBD2 Generic mode, This would be also be a good thing for CAN system vehicles in a Fast Generic Mode option. Thanks Again..
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
          Hey Snappy Don't forget about us?? We really do want all Module status and DTC support. Please give us this great capability.. that all that's missing to having this great tool. Thanks for adding all those other things we've asked for. I can't stop insisting because I really do want this. So far I've seen it on some vehicle makes, and I hope it is added to many more especially for GM Class2 and GMLAN. But just like OBD2 Generic mode, This would be also be a good thing for CAN system vehicles in a Fast Generic Mode option. Thanks Again..
          I feel Snap on will have to give us this feature to stay competitive.
          I also hope they will come out with a keyless cable so Modis, Solus pro,
          and gen1 Verus owners who aren't interested in wireless can enjoy this feature.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...