2012 is Here what would you like to see from your snap on scan tool???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
    You guys are always a hoot!!! At least from this side... I am sure there are some that aren't as pleased to hear it. I guess this thread went to hell in hand basket.

No, Not really.....SO are being told they have some serious issues to deal with (or not)

On a serious Note, Has any one else noticed the Toyota refersh rate on older Toyota's???
    Ya, it's slower than the second coming.....but fast doesn't do anyone much good if the information isn't complete or accurate. First things first. Basic concepts, that if followed, usually result in better things all the way around.

Touch screens, wireless, do-everything (LOL) all in one package, etc, etc, while sometimes good ideas, are of absolutely NO USE to anyone if the resulting information our data gathering tools provide is lacking in the ABC's.

Technology has made these newer functions available, and when mentioned, all the people in the development groups hear is what they want to hear, and it becomes their focus, rather than the stick-in-the-mud requests for TRUE BASIC FUNCTIONALITY...... A very similar idea to the tortoise and the hare.
    It seems to me the tortoise won the race.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but access to the fuel pump flow control module data and functional tests on most 2007/2008 and newer GM full size trucks and SUVs should be added where applicable. It was in there for some models back with 10.2 software, was taken out in 10.4. Just got my 11.4 update and noticed it still missing. Unless I'm mistaken, please put it back.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Ok, here is another one. 08 Ford F250 super duty with 6.4 diesel. The engine data list is rather limited, but in particular it would be helpful to have fuel rail pressure listed in something better than just voltage. Maybe PSI, BAR or MPa. Would make hard starts a little easier to diagnose. The VIN of the vehicle where I got this data is 1FTSW21R08EC40695.. Thankyou.
        Attached Files

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Good suggestions greasybob!!!

Comment

• 66superduty
            • Apr 2009

i enjoy reading this thread.been laying low just watching. i wanted to add that team avi had a book and a video about the modis which carreid over to the verus for me. i like to read and or watch every thing i can find on using my verus. i still have issue with dealers not understanding the product.i changed locations in july and told my new snap-on dealer to let me no when 11.4 comes out,he never has.yes i no its out. crusty i like your input.

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Here's one... especially with Verus and verdict being wireless and unable to draw vehicle power through the connecter, how about a battery meter in
              Atlas that really works consistently as opposed to the lame one that comes with XP and only shows up when it feels like it?
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wheel
                Here's one... especially with Verus and verdict being wireless and unable to draw vehicle power through the connecter, how about a battery meter in
                Atlas that really works consistently as opposed to the lame one that comes with XP and only shows up when it feels like it?
                Not a bad Idea. Maybe in the top corner so when your in the data streams its not in the way...

I have noticed the meter shows up in the XP back round how ever the Bar it shows does not seem consistant or accurate at times.

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                  Not a bad Idea. Maybe in the top corner so when your in the data streams its not in the way...

I have noticed the meter shows up in the XP back round how ever the Bar it shows does not seem consistant or accurate at times.
                  I push mine to the limit sometimes, so I try to keep a sharp eye on this.
                  Too often it just simply isn't there. I can just see how this is an even bigger issue for those with wireless tools. There are some third party versions available, but I feel a made for the tool version would be better.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• ephratah service center
                    • Oct 2007

Back a few post ago I was asked to post any vehicles that I come across with IAC test removed well here is 1 a 93 Chevy 3500 over 8500 GVW 5.7 Liter. hooked up to it with my solus yesterday to try to test the IAC and it is not there. We used to be able to select IAC test and run the RPM's up and down by increasing IAC or lower it by decreasing that option is no longer there.

Comment

• Marcellin
                      • Jul 2011

VW capabilities

I work a lot with VW. I noticed that in the Golf 2010 the 2.0L TDI engine is not an option. The 1.9L TDI is listed but no longer available in Golfs since 2007, at least in North America.
                      It would be nice to have some troubleshooting and commun problem list for VW.
                      Also for a commun vehicule like Dodge Caravan 2003-07, not much troubleshooting info, especialy for ABS.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Marcellin
                        I work a lot with VW. I noticed that in the Golf 2010 the 2.0L TDI engine is not an option. The 1.9L TDI is listed but no longer available in Golfs since 2007, at least in North America.
                        It would be nice to have some troubleshooting and commun problem list for VW.
                        Also for a commun vehicule like Dodge Caravan 2003-07, not much troubleshooting info, especialy for ABS.
                        Good find! We don't all work on the same cars so it is nice to know when some one finds something that is missing or not covered.

Also, when possible, don't forget to post up a VIN number. That way Snap on can see that they missed an engine option and find a similar vehicle to verify coverage issues.

It will also help to let them know what version of software you are using. Sometimes people post up and they are not on the latest version of software.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Here is one to add to the list of modules to communicate with. 2011 Ford Explorer Body Control Module. VIN. 1FNHK8F88BGA49588. I have a code U0422 in the Park Assist Module, "Invalid data recieved from body control module". But I don't see Body Control Module on the menu. If anyone has seen this before please feel free to speak up.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
                            Here is one to add to the list of modules to communicate with. 2011 Ford Explorer Body Control Module. VIN. 1FNHK8F88BGA49588. I have a code U0422 in the Park Assist Module, "Invalid data recieved from body control module". But I don't see Body Control Module on the menu. If anyone has seen this before please feel free to speak up.
                            You should post this up under the Verus tool user section to make sure they see it.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

Another thing that should be added are the sub code numbers and explanations. More and more manufacturers are using these to further identify specific failures. Example C1B00-64. Having the "-64" helps to pin- point the trouble area or type of failure that the component or module is experiencing.

Comment

• hefaus
                                • Dec 2007

Module Selection

Originally posted by greasybob
                                Another thing that should be added are the sub code numbers and explanations. More and more manufacturers are using these to further identify specific failures. Example C1B00-64. Having the "-64" helps to pin- point the trouble area or type of failure that the component or module is experiencing.
                                Greasybob Check out this Menu from a DS708 Hope The vehicle is right.Just added your Vin number. I wish i had that vehicle to plug into. Enjoy. Keep Smiling.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...