Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > Evaporative (EVAP) Emissions Systems
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 03-29-2016, 04:11 PM

greasybob You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Default 07 Dodge R1500 P0456 ? look here, with pictures

Had an 07 Dodge R1500 5.7 with a P0456. Evap leak small. I smoked it with the Super Smoker and it kept showing about a .025 leak. I couldn't see any smoke so I dropped the Tank to get a better. Smoked just the tank and evap lines and there it was leaking around the pump. A closer inspection and I could see that the O ring was tight but the pump had a bunch cracks all around the lip where the retainer ring clamps it to the tank. I couldn't see the smoke with the tank installed because there is a plastic cover on top of the pump assemble.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07_RAM_1500_fuel_pump_80.jpg (121.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 07_RAM_fuel_pump_leaker_80.jpg (152.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 03-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

nice find!
Joe
Old 03-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Definitely not a $5 Dorman molded vacuum hose fix. Lord, just keep these fine Chrysler products around and coming in for years to come .
Old 10-01-2016, 01:20 PM

omemee1 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Cool DODGE fuel pump 456 evap leak

I use dawn dish soap water and glycerin on those pumps on smoke test may not see smoke but you will see huge bubbles IN ontario roads are dirty salt sand etc and lays on top of pumps and dilutes smoke