Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Solus/SOLUS PRO User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:19 AM

bsdkllr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
If Snappy no longer supports a particular model scanner anymore with updates and repairs , the least they could do for a nominal fee like a hundred dollars plus surrendering your broken scanner to them , would be to issue you a fresh unlocked card of the same version software you had in the broken scanner to use in another used Snap On scanner of your choice (that has older software than the broken one), but might still be supported with repairs and updates.
For example a Solus Pro with 16.2 craps out, and you can't get it fixed , you buy a Solus Ultra off Flea Bay with 13.2 , and say I'll surrender my broken scanner head and pay SnapOn a hundred dollars , they'll give you a fresh 16.2 update (what you had on your broken Solus Pro) to install in the Solus Ultra with an older update to install the newer software version you had in the broken scanner.
i haven't done alot of testing but inside the solus there is a removable circuit board it contains the CPU and unit specific hardware. if you swap that into a functioning solus and swap the corresponding cf card it should boot up and function as intended.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:57 AM

inkncraig Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdkllr View Post
the 2 i have on the lower right have a small burn. one is worse than the other. i did order replacement chips but they will take awhile to come. hopefully they will sort it out.

im not sure what caused it to burn out.

did yours just stop working while you were using it? or was it working and then the next car it was not?
I don't see any burn marks on the board. Ive replaced the cables. Tried different keys. I was quoted 250$ to test and replace the piece on the board. I'm mulling that over
Old 02-18-2018, 09:36 PM

Maui Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdkllr View Post

did yours just stop working while you were using it? or was it working and then the next car it was not?
aloha,
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but I find this question interesting because I also have a Solus that will not communicate.

Just wondering if you have a theory on what may have happened if one or the other had occurred?
mahalo.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:50 AM

bsdkllr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

i will be changing out a chip in the solus. i will let you know if it fixes it. its very hard to see the bunt spot. its just a small dark spot on the corner of the chip.

it should be an NEC chip bottom of board under the comm port.