Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Solus/SOLUS PRO User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-08-2018, 05:31 AM

tony1963 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Solus Not Reading Volvo Engine Codes

I've recently noticed that my Solus scanner is not reading the engine codes in Volvo models but my generic tool will.

The display shows "no codes" but there are codes.

Anyone have an idea?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:15 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Need more info, What version software are you running? Can you read data? In OBDII can you read codes? Can you access other modules. Trans, ABS, SRS? Is this only on one vehicle or several?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:16 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Maybe You might need the Euro 16 pin adapter and the correct green S key?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 PM

tony1963 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I can read all of the systems including the data stream. In fact, I just replaced the steering angle sensor and recalibrated the unit with the scanner.

I am using the correct S69 key but for some reason, can't get into the engine codes.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:21 AM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

What version of software is on your scanner???

Which volvo vehicle are you having trouble with???
Old 01-30-2018, 04:17 PM

Sorry for the delay, been busy in the shop.

I'm looking at my scanner now. When it boots up it shows software revision 3.5.0 and bundle 14.4.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:48 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Ok, that's 2014 software, your best bet would be to call tech support and see if they had any known issues for that build
Old 02-01-2018, 08:52 AM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6911 View Post
Ok, that's 2014 software, your best bet would be to call tech support and see if they had any known issues for that build
He still has not told us what year or model the Vehicle in question was which could also be a part of why he is unable to read it...

11.2 software release was the first release for Volvo model specific integration.

Even at 14.4 release, some model coverage may have been limited with most being able to read at least the engine up to 2013.

I attached the magic 14.4 coverage list for you...

I am not sure when the Original Solus or Solus Pro models were phazed out.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:00 AM

That is why it is best he call tech support, this way takes WAAAAAY to long and they can ask him the needed questions all at once
Old 02-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6911 View Post
That is why it is best he call tech support, this way takes WAAAAAY to long and they can ask him the needed questions all at once
Wait a minute. The phone number they put on the back of all the diagnostic tools actually goes somewhere with people that actually do stuff???

Besides, You know damn well you can't be a You Tube Certified Master Technician if your not surfing the net...