Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Solus/SOLUS PRO User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-17-2018, 08:22 PM

paddywagon Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default solus pro full charged battery voltage required

my battery will only absorb 8-30v after 4 days voltage is 8-00v put back in charging station both leds flash alternatively for the next 4 days put back in tool battery life is only 10mins charging off jump start unit voltage at charging station battery contacts is jump start output voltage of 12v what is correct voltage of solus pro battery
Old 01-18-2018, 02:05 PM

kirkbarrow.garage Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default RE :- battery ( no ) life

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywagon View Post
my battery will only absorb 8-30v after 4 days voltage is 8-00v put back in charging station both leds flash alternatively for the next 4 days put back in tool battery life is only 10mins charging off jump start unit voltage at charging station battery contacts is jump start output voltage of 12v what is correct voltage of solus pro battery
Hi paddywagon, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your battery is shot.

However you can ( as I do ) rebuild it using cells bought from the universal marketplace, eBay 🤗🤗

These are some I am currently waiting for now to rebuild another one,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-Sub-C-...QAAOSw4shX18MW

And as you can see, more capacity than standard, so longer lasting too
Old 02-08-2018, 09:00 AM

fizzie Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Battery rebuild

Hi Kirk 2 questions on rebuilding a Solus Pro battery pack..
How do you open it?
Are the batteries soldered together or spot welds?
I found a guy who'll rebuild it for $80 which is very close to the cost of anew batt from Snapon for $112 so I'd prefer to rebuild it myself.
One last thing that link you posted is in the UK what are the specs on the batteries so I can find them in the USA
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:11 AM

kirkbarrow.garage Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzie View Post
Hi Kirk 2 questions on rebuilding a Solus Pro battery pack..
How do you open it?
Are the batteries soldered together or spot welds?
I found a guy who'll rebuild it for $80 which is very close to the cost of anew batt from Snapon for $112 so I'd prefer to rebuild it myself.
One last thing that link you posted is in the UK what are the specs on the batteries so I can find them in the USA
Thanks!
Hi fizzie, the seller on eBay is in Hong Kong and ships everywhere to the world, however you could try this also too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8x-Sub-C-Su...QAAOSw4shX18MW

Again Hong Kong and again ships all over the world too.

The individual cell tech specs are 1.2 volt, 6000 mah/hr.

Original are only 4000 mah/hr so these are 50% better in performance, and these have welded on tags so you can solder them together easily.

And use a knife to split the case, then glue it together afterwards.

Hope this is useful.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:25 AM

paddywagon Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default solus battery rebuild

thanks everybody for info it will also help someone else as well just bought a s/ o verdict with a tired battery here we go again
Old 02-19-2018, 01:30 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

My guess is support for updates and hardware has to be coming to an end for Verdict very soon if the Verus and Verus wireless are no longer supported.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:48 AM

bsdkllr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

snapon shows the pack as 7.2v.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
snapon shows the pack as 7.2v.
Look at the output of the charger. My MaxiSys battery is 3.5 V lith but the AC power adapter is still 12 v 3A output . If Solus has a barrel plug for the AC Adapter, you should be able to just attach a 12 V portable Lith Ion battery with a barrel type cable end to the Solus AC adapter port and not bother with the internal battery inside unless it's getting hot or leaking inside
Old 03-01-2018, 09:04 AM

bsdkllr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

the only problem with that is you cant connect it to a computer with the internal battery dead or missing. but as a portable option it would work great,
Old 03-01-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
the only problem with that is you cant connect it to a computer with the internal battery dead or missing. but as a portable option it would work great,
I think Crusty just saved the files to a USB thumb drive and then transfers the files to SSC on his PC to view rather than tethering scanner to PC