Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Verus Edge Touch Issues

I Have My Verus Edge and found that sometimes The screen touch will become inoperative. no responses to any touches. If I put back on the Docking station with my mouse and keyboard is the only way to get to work again once I Remove it. Has any body else seen or have this issue? My SnapOn tool guy thinks its a software Issue. Thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by eddiesverus; 07-29-2019, 02:34 AM.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Battery condition? touch screen calibration? CPU usage or memory issue? Browser or printer program crashing with a little spiral going?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

I have not had that specific issue on my unit.

Is the tool falling asleep or going into screensaver mode possibly causing the issue? I know after one of the updates, I had to adjust the settings for the screen saver and power staying on. Otherwise it would take a minute to wake up and function properly. The settings reverted to a factory windows setting and after like 5 minutes it would go into screensaver mode.

Kind of irritating when your trying to do live component test and or watch live data and this happens...

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

Gosh, if only Snappy would allow us to purchase their software and dongle for use on our own hardware . . .

Comment

• eddiesverus
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eddiesverus
          I Have My Verus Edge and found that sometimes The screen touch will become inoperative. no responses to any touches. If I put back on the Docking station with my mouse and keyboard is the only way to get to work again once I Remove it. Has any body else seen or have this issue? My SnapOn tool thinks its a software Issue. Thanks for any feedback.
          I sent my Verus in for repairs, unfortunately it was already out of warranty and now they want to charge me $800 to repair because it needed a screen assembly and they tested the battery to be bad, That's Bull## sorry but a tool this expensive should have better warranty and or support. any thoughts?

Comment

• tech25
            • Oct 2017

I agree, something that expensive should have a better warranty, or some good will associated with it.

depending what sw version the edge has, I would weigh in the cost of updating/fixing as apposed to seeing what kinda trade deal you could get.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Agreed!!!

Originally posted by eddiesverus
              I sent my Verus in for repairs, unfortunately it was already out of warranty and now they want to charge me $800 to repair because it needed a screen assembly and they tested the battery to be bad, That's Bull## sorry but a tool this expensive should have better warranty and or support. any thoughts?
              Kind of like, Hey bud your old Verus wireless with 16.4 is only worth $1000 trade in and is now obsolete with 17.2 being the last release, you better unload it for the New Verus Edge rather than update it!!! 3 months later the Verus Edge was discontinued....

Comment

• eddiesverus
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                Kind of like, Hey bud your old Verus wireless with 16.4 is only worth $1000 trade in and is now obsolete with 17.2 being the last release, you better unload it for the New Verus Edge rather than update it!!! 3 months later the Verus Edge was discontinued....
                I do have the new 4th gen Verus Edge with system update 19.2 have had it for about 2years now. I been very happy with it until now, Anyway I was paying the subscription for 2years but just two months ago I cancelled it. I was planing on continuing but now I can't because I will need to come out with a way to pay the $995 repair bill that was thrown at me, went up because they also replaced the battery which by the way was working just fine before. I don't think that was the correct thing that SnapOn did in just slapping on parts without authorization? I asked to return my old battery back but supposedly they discarded it? I'm just very upset because the cheap quality that these new tools now have. My prior older 2nd gen Verus wireless has been lasting longer than these newer ones, my Co worker bought it after I traded it in, and He's only been using it for older vehicles and as a Scope multimeter since its support was dropped. So Why can't SnapOn offer a lifetime warranty on its products as long as customers are buying a continuous yearly subscription? I think that would be the Ideal solution for these low quality expensive tools? What is Snappy doing????

Comment

Working...