Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShopFlunkie
    • Dec 2018

Assembly Check routine

Can I access the assembly check routine on a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude on my Verus Pro? I replaced the electronic park brake module and although it is working okay, the service park brake message is still on with a code C10D0-52, EPBM not activated.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Perform PROXI configuration. If this Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is being replaced with a new unit, a diagnostic scan tool MUST be used to align the PROXI configuration data into the new ECU. Follow the routine outlined in the diagnostic scan tool for PROXI Configuration Alignment under Body Control Module (BCM) Miscellaneous Functions menu.
    Did you try it?

Comment

• ShopFlunkie
      • Dec 2018

Yes, did PROXI configuration and went through the EPB verification process twice. Still has the service park brake message and light on. Tried to do the PROXI config. a second time but it said it was successful and would not do it again.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Is the module new or used ?

Comment

• ShopFlunkie
          • Dec 2018

New. We replaced the module and the pig tail because of water intrusion as per a TSB for EPB not releasing. The module sounded like it was half full of water and all of the connectors were trashed.

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

I don't see that Snapon scanners have assembly check routine listed anywhere,service info doesn't specify witech,just says to use a scan tool but maybe it'll have to go to the dealer.Or if you have any buddies with other brands of scan tool that you could try.

Comment

• tech25
              • Oct 2017

hey there, does this vehicle have parking brake shoes? if so, you will need to adjust them first, otherwise a calibration will not take affect.

turn the adjuster wheel on the shoes until the rotor is locked, then back it off by 3 clicks/turns, just so the rotor can spin freely. then try to calibrate again.

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

This is the procedure for the Parking Brake Module

If this Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is being replaced with a new unit, a diagnostic scan tool MUST be used to align the PROXI configuration data into the new ECU. Follow the routine outlined in the diagnostic scan tool for PROXI Configuration Alignment, under Body Control Module (BCM) "Miscellaneous Functions" menu.

This is a Note in the BCM Programing. As it says it gets info from DealerCONNECT you will be needing a Witech to do this.

NOTE: The Restore BCM PROXI Configuration uses the VIN and sales code information from DealerCONNECT to reconfigure the vehicle. After running the Restore BCM PROXI Configuration, the scan tool will restart to begin a new diagnostic session with the vehicle.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

I would think if it's new(even used), you would have to program it. None of the modules I've ever gotten new have been plug and play or just reset with a scan tool. It's always, programming with chrysler software, then do reset with snap on scan tool(or any others).

Comment

• tech25
                    • Oct 2017

all the programs should be in the module already, doing a proxi alignment is the same as "coding" it to the vehicle,

programming = 'flashing' actual new programming code in the module

proxi alignment = coding the module to the specific build/options on the vehicle

proxi programming = if you changed options on the vehicle, example, adding heated seats. then the proxi file will need to be changed,

again...please mechanically adjust the parking brake shoes at the rear wheels. then try calibration by the scan tool and retest.

Comment

• ShopFlunkie
                      • Dec 2018

After clearing the codes and running the EPB verification test again this past Friday, while my Snap On tech rep was trying to find a problem with why my Verus would not update, the original code disappeared. Now I have a C0062-54 longitudinal acceleration sensor missing calibration code, there are no ORC codes and I have done the G-Sensor alignment which was successful. The rear brakes are disc, so there is no park brake adjustment. The brakes are working fine and I have no problems driving the vehicle. The EPB works normal, even the don't run over yourself by jumping out with the car in gear feature. I just cannot get rid of the service park brake message. The original problem was a stuck park brake because of water intrusion through the connector, repaired by replacing the connector and EPBM per a service bulletin for the same issue.

Comment

Working...