Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hgfdg1993
    • Nov 2017

Any one have the Pocket IQ2

Looking to buy this product but there is very little info on it any know if there is additional software you would have to download or it is all installed?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Maybe you could call the 800 number for customer care that's in this link and get the answers you need

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

It's a basic HD scanner. It displays HD Standard Codes and Data, much like any generic tool. It can graph data too, but I think it's only 1 PID at a time.

It can regen the following vehicles:
      Detroit Diesel 6,10,13 / Mercedes Benz
      Navistar MaxxForce
      Volvo/ Mack
      Cummins
      PACCAR
      HINO
      GM/Isuzu, Ford, and Dodge Cummins Light and Medium support

You can also load some optional software on it if you want to:
      Bendix ABS Truck and Trailer
      Meritor WABCO ABS Truck and Trailer
      Haldex ABS Trailer
      Eaton Trailer
      Wabash Trailer

I got one a few weeks ago. I've only connected it to a couple of trucks, but so far it is working as expected.
      The data lists on the pickup trucks is not OBD2. It is vehicle-specific data, but the only bi-directional control is the Regen Function.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

looks like a nice tool. anyone have a few screen shots?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Here's a couple from Demo mode. Sorry, no real ones while connected to a truck.
          Attached Files
          Henry Ford

Comment

• diesel71
            • Feb 2008

thanks joe

Comment

• hgfdg1993
              • Nov 2017

i know about the abs but would you be able to add more engine specific software date like the pro link ultra has i was wondering if i can download the volvo/mack software 3.0 onto this program and run more specific test and also does it do sensor data reseting?

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

i know about the abs but would you be able to add more engine specific software date like the pro link ultra has i was wondering if i can download the volvo/mack software 3.0 onto this program and run more specific test and also does it do sensor data reseting?
                I don't think Snap On is able to add more Bi Directional testing and modules to a Blue Point Scanner that I think is made by Nexiq. There is an older regular Nexiq pocket IQ with key pad , non touch screen version that can be had for about a grand off Amazon that do codes and data

For pretty decent, Multi Brand bang for buck coverage and Bi Directional controls (albiet may be Hit or Miss and it won't have in detail OE wiring diagrams and pinpoint test charts and hand holding ) IMO , so I'm not always responsible for and so damn dependent on tying up the shop's factory program loaded $15K tough book to go straight to Bi Directional activation s and resets, I would research The Chinaman The MaxI Cyst CV Thingy to arm my self with a more economical in depth Hole Filler for Heavy Duty Sh@t.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by hgfdg1993
                  At this time, this is all that is available for it. I have heard no information about adding engine stuff like they did with the Pocket iQ1. I couldn't guess if it ever would be.
                  You definitely can't put Pro Link Ultra software on it, so no Volvo/Mack 3.0 unless you go with the Ultra.

Joe
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• hgfdg1993
                    • Nov 2017

Thanks for the info much appreciated. It would be awsome if they would be able to let you add this an option as you would probably only have room for a couple specific OE programs but i would defintately pay the extra stuff.
                    Last edited by hgfdg1993; 12-13-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• hgfdg1993
                      • Nov 2017

Doesnt support mack/ volvo 07 -2012 dpf regen

Disappointed how they dont tell you what years of vehicles it can do regens on got off the phone with the guy told me doesnt support mack/ volvo 07 -2012 also very glitchy as it is a new product and neeeds some bug fixes when im scanning the modules and its detecting faults it randomly shuts off and restarts and does it more than once and doesnt even tell you what went wrong then it works just amazing but for the most part it is a very good universal scanner just needs constant updates more HD support
                      Last edited by hgfdg1993; 12-13-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                        Snap-on DSD
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by hgfdg1993
                        Disappointed how they dont tell you what years of vehicles it can do regens on got off the phone with the guy told me doesnt support mack/ volvo 07 -2012 also very glitchy as it is a new product and neeeds some bug fixes when im scanning the modules and its detecting faults it randomly shuts off and restarts and does it more than once and doesnt even tell you what went wrong then it works just amazing but for the most part it is a very good universal scanner just needs constant updates more HD support
                        I was not aware that the Volvo/Mack was only 2013 and newer. That is news to me. I'm sure you are right, but I'll check to see if I can find out what the story is.

It is a new tool, and I know there are more updates on the way to address the bugginess. I haven't had that trouble myself, and not everyone is reporting it, but I've heard of other reports.

Joe
                        Henry Ford

Comment

• hgfdg1993
                          • Nov 2017

The only reason why i bought it and

It cannot read the ACM and the VECU on the ones with the j1939 connection for some engineering issue they told me which is very strange cause this is a brand new product i didnt even think this would be a problem as this looks like the ultimate pocket hd tool it still has bugs to be worked out, it also shuts of randomly when im scanning for faults on the modules sometimes

I had a truck due for service and driver complaining about that electronic malfunction light and the red shut down light are both on also i noticed the regen light was flashing aswell and it was having a long crank start time which he was conplaining about, i told my boss i got this job found out crank sensor to be the problem from the scan code which is the only code that popped up and i was thinking a crank code was causing all this disaster , change the sensor job done clear the faults and start the truck she starts like brand new again had a moment of relief, then next thing u know both lights comes right back on and the pocket HD cant even tell me what is going on due to emission related problem of that year truck model it should be also be able to force a regen butt no can do, not on that year model thanks snap on. Then had to get the other guy pull out the Ptt for that one. from a hero to a zero aha the scan tool just become useless in our yard

I just hope they update the DPF regen for mack trucks 07-2012 work i a concrete yard with over 100 mack engines this tool would be very convenient theres all kinds of exhaust issues and the regen would be very helpful
                          Last edited by hgfdg1993; 01-14-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...