Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony1963
    • Nov 2014

Solus Not Reading Volvo Engine Codes

I've recently noticed that my Solus scanner is not reading the engine codes in Volvo models but my generic tool will.

The display shows "no codes" but there are codes.

Anyone have an idea?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Need more info, What version software are you running? Can you read data? In OBDII can you read codes? Can you access other modules. Trans, ABS, SRS? Is this only on one vehicle or several?

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Maybe You might need the Euro 16 pin adapter and the correct green S key?

Comment

• tony1963
        • Nov 2014

I can read all of the systems including the data stream. In fact, I just replaced the steering angle sensor and recalibrated the unit with the scanner.

I am using the correct S69 key but for some reason, can't get into the engine codes.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

What version of software is on your scanner???

Which volvo vehicle are you having trouble with???

Comment

• tony1963
            • Nov 2014

Sorry for the delay, been busy in the shop.

I'm looking at my scanner now. When it boots up it shows software revision 3.5.0 and bundle 14.4.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Ok, that's 2014 software, your best bet would be to call tech support and see if they had any known issues for that build

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
                Ok, that's 2014 software, your best bet would be to call tech support and see if they had any known issues for that build
                He still has not told us what year or model the Vehicle in question was which could also be a part of why he is unable to read it...

11.2 software release was the first release for Volvo model specific integration.

Even at 14.4 release, some model coverage may have been limited with most being able to read at least the engine up to 2013.

I attached the magic 14.4 coverage list for you...

I am not sure when the Original Solus or Solus Pro models were phazed out.

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

That is why it is best he call tech support, this way takes WAAAAAY to long and they can ask him the needed questions all at once

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
                    That is why it is best he call tech support, this way takes WAAAAAY to long and they can ask him the needed questions all at once
                    Wait a minute. The phone number they put on the back of all the diagnostic tools actually goes somewhere with people that actually do stuff???

Besides, You know damn well you can't be a You Tube Certified Master Technician if your not surfing the net...

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

When it comes to Volvos Have you considered calling a Veterinarian to have the B@tch fixed?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

I don't know why happened but the upload didn't complete and when I when to add it i can no longer access from my laptop.

Works fine from my phone but the site won't come up on my laptop where the file is.

Comment

• tony1963
                          • Nov 2014

I spoke with support and they have no known issues with the Volvo software in version 14.4. They suggested that the cable or the S69 key is bad.

Funny thing is that the earlier Volvo communicates just fine using the same hardware.

It is a software issue that will go down in history as a mystery. I am probably one of very few used car lots/shops that use the Snap On for older Volvo cars.

I think that most use the VIDA DICE which is solely for Volvo.

Comment

Working...