Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mopar Muscle
    • Sep 2018

Chrysler Transmission CVI's

I'm looking to buy a used Verus or Verus Pro D10, but want to confirm that they can read Chrysler transmission CVI values and transmission perform quick learns. I used a friend's Solus Ultra, but after he updated it to 17.4, the CVI's are not there.

Also, for those that can see the CVI values, what version of software does your Verus/Verus Pro D10 have?
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

I read CVI's all the time with a Verus Edge with 17.4, a Solus Edge with 17.4, and a Zeus with 18.2.

You have to watch for that some Mopar's just don't have CVI's available to be read, no matter what scanner you have. I've seen that on vehicles I think ought to but just don't.

Comment

• Mopar Muscle
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by GypsyR
      I read CVI's all the time with a Verus Edge with 17.4, a Solus Edge with 17.4, and a Zeus with 18.2.

You have to watch for that some Mopar's just don't have CVI's available to be read, no matter what scanner you have. I've seen that on vehicles I think ought to but just don't.
      Weird. I've had a Solus Ultra 17.4 on my '07.5 Dodge 3500 with 68rfe and couldn't find the CVI's anywhere. They sure weren't where the commanded vs actual line pressures are. I know the truck has CVI's because I have to do quick learns with new TCM flashes.

Is there a super secret place in the Solus it would be?

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Snap On in its wisdom refuses to let you look at that stuff without being connected to a vehicle. So I'd have to find a similar Dodge to actually hook up to and then look. But off the top of my head the CVI's are in "Transmission" then "Data" every time.

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

OK, had 2012 swing by. The CVI's for that one are randomly dispersed throughout the rest of the "Data" in the transmission section. The CVI's aren't gathered up in one convenient spot. (Like we prefer and the older models do.)

Comment

• Mopar Muscle
            • Sep 2018

Appreciate the info. That's where I was looking on the 17.4 Solus Ultra on my personal '07.5 Ram 3500 with 68RFE, but none were there to display. It wouldn't let me do a quick learn either. I resorted back to my Auto Enginuity scanner and it did the quick learn no problem. Not sure if Snap On doesn't display those because they might have '07 models Ram 2500/3500 models listed as non-CVI units. Dodge had a mid-year transmission conversion to the 68RFE that uses CVI's on those trucks.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Yeah Achronym "CVI" means Clutch Volume Index in case some of you might be wondering if it's a measurement to see how far along the ole gal is to delivering hard parts in the pan or something.
              Last edited by Witsend; 09-18-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...