Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Scope Viewer will not open files

I was using my Verus Edge today and was using the stand alone Scope Viewer to view several lab scope files, then minimizing them as I opened additional files. I probably had 5 or 6 different files open and minimized on the task bar. Rather than opening and then closing each instance I right clicked on the minimized icon of the scope viewer on the task bar and the clicked close all. Since then the Scope Viewer will open at the file list when started but when i select a file to open it minimizes immediately to the task bar and won't open. The SSC scope viewer works fine and the scope viewer in the Atlas software works fine too.I have removed and reinstalled SSC, rebooted several times but still wont open files. The stand alone Scanner Data viewer works fine. Any ideas?
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by phill57
    I was using my Verus Edge today and was using the stand alone Scope Viewer to view several lab scope files, then minimizing them as I opened additional files. I probably had 5 or 6 different files open and minimized on the task bar. Rather than opening and then closing each instance I right clicked on the minimized icon of the scope viewer on the task bar and the clicked close all. Since then the Scope Viewer will open at the file list when started but when i select a file to open it minimizes immediately to the task bar and won't open. The SSC scope viewer works fine and the scope viewer in the Atlas software works fine too.I have removed and reinstalled SSC, rebooted several times but still wont open files. The stand alone Scanner Data viewer works fine. Any ideas?
    It sounds like the viewer window may be located at a coordinate that puts it off screen. If the icon shows on the task bar but the window is not visible, it may be off screen.
    Try method 1 here:

Once the window or windows are all onscreen, close each one individually. When you open the next one, it should then open on screen.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Scope Viewer will not load

Thanks Rich but none of those suggestions worked. I tried reinstalling SSC and no go. If I right click the minimized Scope File Viewer icon I can close it but when i try to open it it goes straight to the file list.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I follow advise of a wise indian chief Two Bear he gave back in the winter of 1848 . Never have more open container than 2 that fit in hands lest they may freeze or your squaw make hard to find.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Working Again

Well I'm not sure what i did but i got the viewer working again. I opened a file and it went straight to the task bar when it opened. I'm using the edge and no mouse so holding the stylus on the minimized scope viewer icon which is like a right mouse click and this time a floating scope window appeared just above the task bar. I slid the stylus up on it and selected maximize and that worked. Now it opens fine as it should.

Comment

• rockp2
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by phill57
            Well I'm not sure what i did but i got the viewer working again. I opened a file and it went straight to the task bar when it opened. I'm using the edge and no mouse so holding the stylus on the minimized scope viewer icon which is like a right mouse click and this time a floating scope window appeared just above the task bar. I slid the stylus up on it and selected maximize and that worked. Now it opens fine as it should.
            Thanks very much for that tip. It was really irking me that I couldn't get the file to show on my computer. You solved it. Right click on "ghost" window (my term), then click "Maximize".

Comment

Working...