Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billy Hahn
    • Sep 2016

Flash programming a Nissan

Nissan's program is not recognizing the snap on Pass through device.
    Has anyone else had a problem with this ?

Snap on is not on the Nissan list of recognized devises. I am wondering if that the issue.

We are trying to program the TCM on a 04 Pathfinder.

Thanks , Billy
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

If you're using the NERS software, try going to start menu and search "J2534". There an option to "Change J2534 Device" with a yellow icon should appear. Just to get the basics out of the way, also make sure you have installed the Drivers for Passthru Pro Device. Now, you didn't mention which one you have. PPTI PPTII or PPTIII. I have a Cardaq Plus 2 and a PPTII and both are recognized by NERS. Another fact, PPT tools are cardaq disguised with snapon's brand name, so they are identical. So you shouldn't have a problem with NERS. And lastly, if you're using the consult software directly, then the PPT won't be recognized and you won't be able to program since it works 100% with the Consult tool. Also, disable any antivirus software on that laptop. Good Luck!

P.S.: Have never used the software since I don't get many Nissan's that need Blank programming. Heard it's a hassle to get the software and find it and then install it. There's a guy on youtube that shows you how to flash using NERS software. But I have connect the tools to a Nissan and it recognizes the car and tool. Not sure if PPTI will work either.

Comment

• jables2006
      • Dec 2015

Following. Those valvebody/tcm's don't like water. Just spent a day at the closest Nissan dealer. Had to eat my time to sell the job to my customer.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Following. Those valvebody/tcm's don't like water. Just spent a day at the closest Nissan dealer. Had to eat my time to sell the job to my customer.
        So is water getting into the TCM or getting into the Valve body? Is there ATF inside the coolant reservoir?

Comment

• jables2006
          • Dec 2015

huge problem with Nissan frontiers & xterra. steamy trans fluid. internal tcm. By the time the customer knows theres a problem, its too late. new frictions, band, rubber components, pistons, torque convertor & valvebody/tcm are pretty much required every time. the tcm is part of the valvebody.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

How's water getting into the trans to cause the damage? Radiator / transcooler failure or backing way too far into the water at a boat ramp?

The Cardaq M which is likely what the SnapOn PTP IV may be a clone of , on the AES wave website it does not list Nissan or NERS programming , so doubt the regular Car Smaq PTP III would be able to either.
            Automotive diagnostic equipment sales and support for professional automotive technicians, schools, instructors, and trainers. Services include custom manufacturing and product development.
            Last edited by Witsend; 09-29-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• jables2006
              • Dec 2015

Yep, bad batch of radiators. Some things never go away. It was about 10 years previous they had radiators plugging up & causing them to wipe out geartrains.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

my brother had a radiator failure on a 98 Caravan that we thought was toast but dropped the pan , changed the filter., overfilled with cheap Dextron 3 , with the Cooler hoses disconnected . Ran and Purged the converter. Went through case of Dextron . Let it sit, drop pan again. Changed filter again and overfilled again with ATF plus4 and repeat the flush procedure with cooler hoses off to purge remaining Dextron. Worked fine for another year , but he pulls a double axle camper with it and been redone twice . Now it runs Dextron with Lube Guard since redone.

Comment

Working...