X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trying
    • Oct 2009

Subscription? for Solus Edge

Hi all,
    I have a Solus Edge and previously Solus Pro and have always had an annual update with my snap on dealer, recently I've seen a few things about subscription?

Any info would be much appreciated..
    How does the cost compare to doing it annually? Is the subscription still through the dealer or direct with snap on?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

For Solus Edge (here in USA) I think it's like a continual $25 a week on your revolving account which is like $1200 a year instead of a $999 for once annually but I think you get the next 6mo update and just in time software patches for serious things that may have got broken in the last update where you might have other wise been over the barrel to buy the next years update to see the fix. I don't know if cancelling the older platforms has anything to do with Snappy going to 12 months update subscription that will be spun out gradually one or two manufacturers at a time every couple weeks like The Chinaman Tools do it, and with Globalization and outsourcing it could be coming soon from The same God Forsaken Sh@t holes with a few Snappy people kept on working with translators from local Chinese restaurants for transitioning to Chop Stick Key
    Last edited by Witsend; 08-07-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Read here https://www1.snapon.com/Diagnostics/...on-Program.htm
      Software subscription is a much better deal than updating annually ,plus you have the latest updates all the time.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Read here https://www1.snapon.com/Diagnostics/...on-Program.htm
        Software subscription is a much better deal than updating annually ,plus you have the latest updates all the time.
        Saw a chart with check marks. I didn't see much information regarding the the total cost of the one or two year plans and whether or not deciding to go with the one or two year subscription would automatically unlock European coverage for those in the USA for no additional fee and whether or not if you opt for 2 year plan chart looks like you also get Intelligent Diagnostics that I thought only came on Apollo and Zuess platform software, Do all platforms with 2 year sub also get the Intelligent diagnostics feature ? Maybe be less annoying and non intrusive not to even have it on the scanner after the sub expires if it no longer works and just gets in the way of regular diagnosing?
        IN the Subscription mode are the updates that are available in between the official release dates of 18.2 and 18.4 actually releases of beta tested car software that ads functionality and more car coverage as it becomes available or just system tweaks and patches that fix some stability errors or omissions?
        Are the Internet capabilities of the Solus Edge, Modis Edge, Apollo platforms being increased some with the newer software versions , that you can now be free to do a Google search or watch a you tube vid of bouncing boobies, or surf the web or whatever off them now if you need to ?
        Last edited by Witsend; 08-08-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

That's a lot of questions.Euro option can only be unlocked on the scan tool(by your snapon rep),nothing to do with update subscription.If the tool has euro unlocked,then their is no extra charge for euro updates.Cost depends on what country you are in and what tool you have,so I suppose you'd have to call the toll free number or email for that info.

Comment

Working...