Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oddballmotorsports
    • Jul 2018

mt25001001 cart, what key?

non programmable, thru 2001 domestics, and I don't see that part number on any of the charts.. just ordered the cart, and really need it asap and can't afford to wait to plug it in to have it tell me.. thanks folks!
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Good luck finding your needle in the Cummins smokestack. Maybe this might help?

Comment

• Oddballmotorsports
      • Jul 2018

ok, my cartridge starts with 5067 and how do I tell what version it is?

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I think MT2500 Screen will briefly display software version of cartridge after it powers up before it goes to the main menu

Comment

• Oddballmotorsports
          • Jul 2018

once again, back to the waiting to power it on, for it to tell me.. there has got to be a better way.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

once again, back to the waiting to power it on, for it to tell me.. there has got to be a better way.
            If you have a 9V battery in it that's any good, just hold the button in and it should power up without attaching to a vehicle DLC . I plugged an older red primary cartridge MT25001001 domestic 1996-2001 on start up at top corner mine says V7.1

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Once you figure out what personality keys to get, keep them together in numeric order on a ring and get yourself a OBD cable extender , so it's much easier to swap out the personality keys on the connector. Maybe even get one with a little led light built in. This applies to all the older Snap On Scanners that use personality keys, and saves further wear and tear on the cable OBD2 adapter if you leave it plugged into the cable extender

Share with Snap-on Diagnostics, the additional features that you need or desire in our tools. What do the factory tools do that you absolutely need in your Snap-on tool.

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Oddballmotorsports
                Learn to use your tool!!! if you have the ability to make a user name on this forum and ask a question, you obviously have basic skills on the computer to look things up.

recommend to read the owners manual. witsend did a simple search for you to find a reference chart to show keys to vehicles...you could do that?

Comment

Working...