Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dtnel
    • Feb 2017

Padded Case for Snap On Diagnostic Thermal Imager

Has anyone found a suitable padded case to store the diagnostic thermal imaging device in? I keep looking at Amazon but the only close thing I see is Multimeters and aren't correctly sized. IF you've found one that works for you throw some pics up, tell us a little about it and if you're felling like it, where you bought it and for how much.

Don't want to break the bank but to give you a example I bought a hardcase (waterproof) from Harbor Freight at the local store with the $10 off coupon was $29 before tax. I use it for my snap on modis edge, included and extra accessories as well as the factory padded case was to small once you throw a few different factory plugs and small amp probe in along with what it came with.

All ideas are encouraged and welcomed as well.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

I just leave mine in the box it came in. I works fine even when taking it to other shops to do mobile work. Had it for about a year now and with a little care the box is still in good shape. 5 years from now who knows.

Comment

• Dtnel
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Steve6911
      I just leave mine in the box it came in. I works fine even when taking it to other shops to do mobile work. Had it for about a year now and with a little care the box is still in good shape. 5 years from now who knows.
      I'm trying to think in my garage where that box and plastic tray would be. Lol... if I could find thy tray I have a 2-3 ft roll portable box I use. One would think they throw one in when you can buy a less than $300 portable camera for tight spots and snap on throws in a small case for that.

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

I roll mine in a foam pad then stuff it in an old crown royal bag

Comment

• Dtnel
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by diesel71
          I roll mine in a foam pad then stuff it in an old crown royal bag

As long as ur not stuffing other stuff in that crown bag. Like the idea!

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Cops let you keep the Crown Royal Bag and put you in The Padded Cell?

Comment

• wagzilla
              • Oct 2014

padded bag

I put mine in the padded case that the 3/8 14.4 volt ratchet came in works great.

Comment

• Dtnel
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by wagzilla
                I put mine in the padded case that the 3/8 14.4 volt ratchet came in works great.
                That’s good until I start putting other stuff in that bag and forget it’s in there then have stuff banging against it. My dad in Hawaii surprisingly has taken up sewing and been doing it long enough now that I feel confident enough to ask him if he’d be willing to design me a case. I just have to hope for good colors when he makes it.

Comment

• wagzilla
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Dtnel
                  That’s good until I start putting other stuff in that bag and forget it’s in there then have stuff banging against it. My dad in Hawaii surprisingly has taken up sewing and been doing it long enough now that I feel confident enough to ask him if he’d be willing to design me a case. I just have to hope for good colors when he makes it.
                  put a picture when its done

Comment

Working...