X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

De-Farfiggnueggenizing the VAGue Teutonic Sh@t

If the data pids are available in a selection of channels by number, provide a channel guide of what list of pids (in OBD II Layman's terms next to the Acronyms) should be found next to channel number. And after you select the channel number from the TV PID guide and you see something like Petro FunghK Barr you get normal name Fuel rail pressure sensor name next to it and see it displayed in PSI instead of BAR and it won't be such a PITA to deal with.
    Last edited by Witsend; 03-02-2017, 07:48 AM.
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

LOLz!

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Here's an example of pulling BMW (Duetsch Motor Eccentric?) DME codes on a non starting 07 BMW 750I. Port Freight 08 Scanner pulls the codes in Hex mode fashion with the Tuetonic definitions. Fine... but when I go to the auto software DTC lookup, the list just displays generic OBD2 generic P codes with no BMW hex code equivalent next to the generic P codes.
      I pull out a generic code reader and it doesn't want to communicate. I then take my Port freight 08 and select OBD 2 and it pulls the P codes but no explanations, but at least I can find the P codes listed, the P code definitions and then once inside it lists the teutonic hex code equivalent of the P codes further into it. One Plastic Fantastic covered PITA I see BMW Eccentric shaft actuators are an overpriced $362 threaded worm shaft actuator. Just had the customer order a Continental VVO brand equivalent on line for a $184. Hoping after the plastic covers are removed, it's just a bum bank 1 actuator , and not going to be wiring and a $600 module.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

BMW 750I Thank God for wiring diagrams

Service information with pinpoint tests. No service instruction, it just comes from you looking at the wiring diagram and a component locator figuring stuff out. You are on your own in Farfignueggenville.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...