Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoreyVanDine
    • Jun 2013

Kia O2 sensor

Probably posted this in the wrong section the first time. I'll give it a shot here.

Ok guys I'm new here but I have an interesting issue on a Kia Sedona. Came in with a p0138 (bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage) and a p0455 (evap large leak.) monitoring the O2 sensors came up with something a bit odd. The specified range shows to be ~ .06-.07 on b1s2 and b2s2.

So keep in mind the code is for high voltage on b1s2. This is engine warm at idle.

I see that b1s2 voltage is indeed slightly high at times but for the most part it looks to be in range. Now look at b2s2.

Am I wrong in thinking the b2s2 is way out of range? At times almost just as high as b1s2 but mostly low? Drivability is fine except for maybe a slight rough idle. 150k on the odometer. I don't feel I have enough of a cause to bolt a b1s2 on it yet. Shot of both banks together.

Bank 1 Sensor 2 looks to have a slower response than bank 2 sensor 2 but why a high voltage code? Any input would be great!
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

A little scan data advice.

Probably posted this in the wrong section the first time. I'll give it a shot here.

Ok guys I'm new here but I have an interesting issue on a Kia Sedona. Came in with a p0138 (bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage) and a p0455 (evap large leak.) monitoring the O2 sensors came up with something a bit odd. The specified range shows to be ~ .06-.07 on b1s2 and b2s2.
    Hi Corey,

Well, in your screenshots, I don't see a problem with any O2 sensors. Your problem may be an intermittent rich condition? Unless of course they are Titainia O2 sensors then lean is high voltage. Usually O2 sensors don't fail at high voltage unless it is Titainia. Zirconia O2 sensors tend to fail at low voltage. What does your freeze frame indicate? What are your fuel trims at idle and steady cruise?

One thing, though. In order to get an accurate graph on O2 sensors, It is a good idea to set the Min-Max on your PID data, it will give you a more accurate idea of how they are working.

I find the best way to get a good min-max is to go full throttle on the road for a few seconds (set rich range), and then let off (set low range). After that your ranges will look better and your patterns less jagged. It also looks like you probably have other PIDs, probably not a custom data list.

If you get a chance again, select "Custom" in "List View" and cull out your other PIDs except for all 4 O2 sensors, and RPM,do a min-max run and then get your sensors patterns. Repost them and we will be able to make a better judgment.

Oh, BTW, if the engine is tired and you don't want to go WOT, you can set your Min-Max ranges with a shot of propane to set the rich range and then a quick vacuum leak (open brake booster hose) to set the low range.

Better yet, while in "List View" click on the wrench symbol for each graph:

20130713-2315-1.jpg

Uncheck the "Auto Scale" and set your Max to 1 volt. Min will go to zero automatically :

20130713-2315-3.jpg

You can also do this later in "Data Manager" in the "Scanner DataViewer"or Shopstream Connect (my favorite) if you play back a scanner data movie.
    Last edited by Bob's Garage; 07-18-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...