Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Maybe the earlier production Verus Pros had a 250 GB hard drive and all the documentation and videos showed the specs at 250GB. Maybe a little later the price of the 500GB ones came down to about the same and figured the guys that only got 250 GB ones would feel cheated once they doubled in size, and if one got sent in for repair and had a bunch of bad sectors in the used half , They would just re partition the drive to the use the 250GB half that never got used and charge for another 250GB drive.LMAO

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Nandor690
      Not true. You can upgrade to windows 7 without a clean install.
      Enlighten us. Microsoft says you can't upgrade xp to 7 - you can only do a clean install. If you've found a way to do this I and many others would like to know the solution. I have a lot of xp computers I would love to upgrade to 7 without having to do a clean install.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Nandor690
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Wheel
        Enlighten us. Microsoft says you can't upgrade xp to 7 - you can only do a clean install. If you've found a way to do this I and many others would like to know the solution. I have a lot of xp computers I would love to upgrade to 7 without having to do a clean install.
        You do it by first upgrading to windows vista and then from there to windows 7

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I don't think think you would want to upgrade to a OS that your hardware doesn't have the ability to process over a couple dozen security updates meant to cull off the old and the weak.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Here is an example. Single core celeron processor that can't sucessfully process and install security updates for upgraded windows 8.1.The SVhost keeps trying and the laptop basically becomes sluggish and unresponsive . No Viruses , trojans , or malware, just windows updates meant to kill off older PCs , basically. Well removed windows 8.1 and now she can Ubangi with Ubuntu for awhile longer.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Nandor690
              You do it by first upgrading to windows vista and then from there to windows 7
              You've done this successfully? I've heard you can't upgrade from xp to vista without a clean install either.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Nandor690
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Wheel
                You've done this successfully? I've heard you can't upgrade from xp to vista without a clean install either.
                Yes you can. Vista puts your xp files in a windows.old folder. You can do it without a clean install

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                  • May 2017

You can install Windows 7 Ultimate directly over top of Windows XP without installing Windows Vista first. Windows 7 will put all your old stuff in a windows.old folder. You can also clone your original hard drive and then wipe XP completely clean off the 'C' drive partition and install Windows 7 in it. You then can install all the Snap-On software & hardware yourself that Windows 7 don't have drivers for. It's not for people who have no knowledge about computer hardware/software drivers. I had to dig around on the internet to gather everything I needed to get Win7 to work. The only thing that I haven't got working is the physical buttons on my old VERUS Wireless 325 unit....which I can live without.
                  VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

You can install Windows 7 Ultimate directly over top of Windows XP without installing Windows Vista first. Windows 7 will put all your old stuff in a windows.old folder. You can also clone your original hard drive and then wipe XP completely clean off the 'C' drive partition and install Windows 7 in it. You then can install all the Snap-On software & hardware yourself that Windows 7 don't have drivers for. It's not for people who have no knowledge about computer hardware/software drivers. I had to dig around on the internet to gather everything I needed to get Win7 to work. The only thing that I haven't got working is the physical buttons on my old VERUS Wireless 325 unit....which I can live without.
                    Kind of a Labor of Love like working many long nights to have the distinction of being the only person in the country that have a Sleeper LS 1 in a 77 Ford Granada.

Comment

• David Green
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                      Kind of a Labor of Love like working many long nights to have the distinction of being the only person in the country that have a Sleeper LS 1 in a 77 Ford Granada.
                      Ford Granada's I thought all of them had rusted away by now

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
                        You know me? Haha. Actually, I think I DO have a passion of being a labor of love to some things. Like for instance, when I installed a 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe rear window in a 1987 Buick Regal Grand National. 1 of 1.

VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                          • May 2017

I've been experimenting with two Verus Wireless'. Both of them are EEMS325 Gen 2's. Both have been upgraded to 2GB of memory and SSD's. I had Windows 8.1 Pro installed for a short while and then I installed Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 works better than 8.1. I had to kill off processes on both 8.1 and Win 10 because the ATOM N270 1.6GHz CPU just isn't capable of crunching all that information that Microsoft wants to run. You can run them but it will be much slower than Windows XP.

On the other Verus, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 and then installed just Windows 7 without SP1. The one without SP1 (Service Pack 1) runs A LOT faster than the one with Service Pack One. Out of all three of these operating systems, Windows 7 Ultimate w/o SP1 is the fastest as far as speed navigating through the operating system. However, navigating through the Snap-On Diagnostic Suite I really couldn't tell any differences while using Win 7, 8.1 or 10.

On a side note, the original operating system (Windows XP) is the fastest of them all but is outdated and you can't use a solid state drive successfully for a long time. Windows 7 without service pack one will be the one to install if anyone wants reap the benefits of a solid state drive and the benefits of a newer Windows operating system. Like I say, Windows 10 Pro works but will be slow and you will HAVE to have 2GB of memory...which still isn't enough.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                            • May 2017

Start-up with Windows 10 vs Windows 7.

Navigating through Diagnostic Suite in Windowes 10 Pro Education edition

Last edited by Turbo1dr; 09-15-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

You goy A LOT of spare time on your hands!

Comment

• ratchetman
                                • Mar 2011

video unavailable?

Comment

Working...