X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Why are so many used Snap On scanners for sale

I'm a Bottom feeder and looked on Craigslist often to look for a cheap J-box to cover my @ss in the event I ever need to buy a sub to flash a Turd, and finally found a used nearly brand new Maxi Cyst Pro off Craigslist for sale, reasonable for $1500 that unlike E-bay I was able to try it before I buy it . Works, looks new, still under warranty and has updates till July of next year. The Seller's Shop has a Verus Edge and a lot of OE tools , so the Cyst was collecting dust I'm not sure why but there are so few used Port Freight 08s and Maxi Cysts listed for sale off Craigslist in Chicago area. Maybe the used ones that would normally be for sale are just broken now and not worth bothering with, no way to backup software to fix , so not worth much used if you can just buy a brand new one for another $500 over the cost of updating one. I tried to sell a 3 year old DS708 for $600 but it languished on Craigs for weeks so I sold it to a friend for $400. Definitely got my $800 worth of Depreciation out of it I suppose.I still fond of the old MT2500 but really need something with a bigger illuminated screen and graphing , so thinking about Snagging a Solus Pro with European to cover me for the OBD1 end and some occasional old OBD2 cars the Chinaman tool lets me down on.
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Solus Pro is a good but I don't think it can be updated past 17.2??? plus you have use keys like the old brick

I think a newer unit would be a better investment.

I am seeing used Solus Edge's for sale for another $500 over what a pro goes for.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Solus Pro is a good but I don't think it can be updated past 17.2??? plus you have use keys like the old brick

I think a newer unit would be a better investment.

I am seeing used Solus Edge's for sale for another $500 over what a pro goes for.
      I'm sure it would be a better investment if the seller actually has all the newer style OBD1 and Euro adapter kits that fit the Snap on Edge. I don't think the interchangeable OBD1connectors that worked fine for many years from the MT2500, to older Solus ,Modis, and Verus platforms will work on the Edge.
      I'm not sure but if you have a newer but a non current update and can't access the internet based Suretrack Troubleshooter because it is expired or no internet connection, wouldn't the Built into the software SureTrack troubleshooter on a older Solus Pro with 14.4 be more complete and useful if you actually need the trouble shooter than on a newer Solus Edge with 16.4 without an internet connection (or expired update)?

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

IMO the best bang for the buck is the Solus Ultra.No personality keys and all the old style adapters work.

Comment

Working...