X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Counselor 2

I bought a low amp current probe off E bay and a couple Fuse Buddy Current loops from AES wave . I tried to view the fuel pump wave form pattern from low amp probe attached to auxiliary lead with Lab scope selected from the Counselor 2 menu but get an error message box over the trace of very small humps.
    However If I select Vacuum display then the fuel pump commutator humps are displayed correctly on screen at a decent size but the trace is displayed as vacuum reading and not in amps.
    Anyone know how to use the optional low amp probe on the counselor 2 to display in a low amps ? I did not see anything in the memory menu to select low amp display.
    Also I have the old MT 2500 scanner cable on my DS 708 now and a 15 foot cable running off my MT 2500 that runs to car DLC while MT2500 sits on the Counselor2 and the scanner screen displays on the Counselor 2 and I use the Counselor 2 remote control to control the scanner, pretty cool looking , but the data pids display a slow rolling kind of " Flash In The Bed Pan sort of Lunar Landing updating event going on. Looks trick, but not very useful to view real time information changing. Do I need to take out an algebraic slide rule to do the math to figure the vacuum to amps relationship? ROFL
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

No, you need a Vantage-Pro or a Fluke meter....LOL

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Yesterday I had the Counselor 2 hooked up in lab scope mode to a questionable MAF sensor on a 2001 Lincoln Town car and playing with the time and voltage range and was able to freeze real good Snap throttle WOT pattens with the remote and took some good photos.
      Finished my MGD , sat down in front of my PC and discovered there was no memory card in my digital camera. LOL
      I left the card in the card reader from earlier .
      As for my Low amp probe not giving me a useable pattern before , I think I just didn't have the time and voltage scales set where they needed to be to see anything useful.

Comment

Working...