X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

old Tool

Originally posted by Crusty
    Ya it's been a long time. I still have all my old feeler guages and my old dwell meters too-!! They still work which is amazing but then again I don't punt tools around either. In a pinch we used to use the paper matchbooks or a corner torn off our (God forbid-!!) cigarette packs....LOL just to get home.
    Hi Crusty
    I still have the snap on special tool to change the Points in 6 cylinder Pontiac and Chev somewhere from 1955 to maybe 1958 or until they changed the newer distributors that had lower bushing problems resulting in poor dwell Long time ago seems but memories are all good. Enjoy..

Comment

• king Barr
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Crusty
      Ya it's been a long time. I still have all my old feeler guages and my old dwell meters too-!! They still work which is amazing but then again I don't punt tools around either. In a pinch we used to use the paper matchbooks or a corner torn off our (God forbid-!!) cigarette packs....LOL just to get home.
      Haha I was going to day I did that too with the cig packs! Funny, most " techsz" font know what points or dwell are. I know I'm the only one at my shop that has rebuilt a carb or installed new points. I am starting to feel like "that guy"

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

Heck my step brother found an old Mac tach/dwell meter with individual cyl kill.
        New cost almost $1000. Yard sale price,,,,,$5.
        Then again learning HOW to operate your tools to do a specific job is part of fun.
        Heck I haven't had any issues making my Vantage or Vantage Pro do some of the old tests. I keep seeing and hearing of people bitching about a tools ability, yet they forget they have anew too? For working on new cars, not old cars, learning HOW to adjust a new tool to do old style work.
        Heck now Im running without my VP as it was improperly supported and fell about 6 ft. As since it has started not reading CF card, or failing to boot.
        As I picked up a Verdict D7 when my Solus Ultra was stolen.
        So far learning curve on M2 scope module is steep. But I am learning and so far the Verdict and the M2 have done great work and since so many seem to only want to bash the tools, yet rarely will give glowing reviews of it doing any good things or making a job easier.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Anyone know how to defuse one these Byzantine Clusterf@cks

Someone I thought was my friend gave me one of these , thankfully I didn't reverse the polarity at the coil and blow my self to Kingdom come. Thankfully Snappy superseded this thing with safer to use platforms
          Thanks for posting , reminded me to pull the batteries
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...