Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hod913
    • Mar 2013

issues with new body silverado 6.0

Got a customer with the 2007 new body silverado getting these codes P0230, P1682, U0101, U0109, U0121 AND U0140. The truck has a really short crank cycle and when it does start it does not always shut off it will stay running with key turned off.
    The customer had a really small battery in the truck so I went there first cause everything points to loss of voltage and loss of communication. That did not change the issues. I'm drawing a blank could it be bad BCM? Or maybe wiring to BCM? I have upgraded the power and ground wires for the truck as well. HELP
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Problems with 07 Silveraldo

Good Day

No disrespect meant here but this question would be better suited to Ask-A-Tech, IATN or Identifix since this forum is primarily for discussing the Verus and its capabilities.

I would suggest to scan the BCM and other modules for relevant codes as well. Search bulletins and case histories on the above mentioned sites. Look for aftermarket accessories installed, (car starter?).

Sorry I can't be more help but that's a huge question and you should do some more preliminary research.

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

the u codes are lack of communication between modules. one of the modules isnt communicating or there is a issue in the bus .

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

You need to find out which module is the PMM, I believe in that one its the BCM. You have a 140 which from memory is lost comm w/bcm, so I suggest you have a communication prob. I understand those trucks had wiring issues in the left door sill to the RCLDR. I'd poll all modules and see what each are complaining about. If theres a common module I'd go in that direction first. Unfortunately, this is a case where having a Tech2 would make the job easier. We're waiting for SO to add a "Vehicle control systems - Vehicle DTC" section for times like this, but so far no dice.
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...