Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Ask a Tech

What is up with ask a tech? Since last Thursday, I can't get on. I keep getting a message that says something like "500 - internal server error" when ever I try to run it from my verus.

Any one knowwhats going on?
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

You should have received an email about the new "SureTrack".

Perhaps they were working on the site at the time you tried to login.
    S. Breland

Comment

• komobu
      • Feb 2009

I received the email, but I didnt expect the website to change. When a trouble code pops up on verus, you can select shopkey info or ask-a-tech. I expected the new SureTrack to pop up just like ask a tech.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Hit the Ask-A-Tech at the top of this website page. It'll take you into the "new" SureTrack.

Comment

• komobu
          • Feb 2009

Thanks Crusty, I can get there from here, but I want to be able to get there from my verus. That was one of the reasons that I bought the verus was because the way it would work with shopkey and AskaTech.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by komobu
            Thanks Crusty, I can get there from here, but I want to be able to get there from my verus. That was one of the reasons that I bought the verus was because the way it would work with shopkey and AskaTech.
            Just a suggestion, go to the internet with your Verus and drag-n-drop the shortcut to the Verus desktop-???
            The Ask-A-Tech and the Sure-Track are going through a transition this week. Hopefully there'll be a patch or some other instruction sent out by SnapOn seeing as how they're the ones making the change.

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

SureTrack

Hi All,
              I had the same issue; these are the steps I took to resolve it:
              1. I removed the link to ask a tech from my favorite’s folder in IE.
              2. I then had to delete my cookies and history.
              3. I closed IE reopened it and typed www.askatech.com in the browser.
              4. I logged into SureTrack, clicked the remember me box.
              5. Saved www.askatech.com to my favorites.
              6. Once I was logged in I closed IE (I did not log out).
              7. I then closed the Atlas diagnostic suite.
              8. I then opened the Atlas diagnostic suite.
              9. Clicked the Ask-a-Tech button on the home screen and SureTrack displayed.
              Hope this helps
              Jay

Comment

• king Barr
                • Jan 2013

I'm confused, is sure track the new name for. Ask a tech or is this a new program? I haven't signed up for ask a tech, I just got my verus. I already have Mitchell pro demand, do I need to buy something else?

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Usually with a new piece of kit, they include a 6-month subscription to what was called Ask-A-Tech.
                  Ask-A-Tech is being revamped as we speak and the "new" site is called "Sure-Track"
                  Check with either your dealer or "tech support"
                  HTH

Comment

• Jay G.
                    Administrator
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by king Barr
                    I'm confused, is sure track the new name for. Ask a tech or is this a new program? I haven't signed up for ask a tech, I just got my verus. I already have Mitchell pro demand, do I need to buy something else?
                    Ask-a-Tech has been decommissioned and replaced with SureTrack. If you are a ProDemand customer you get SureTrack at no charge but you will need to register on the SureTrack site. If you have any issues with the registration process use the SureTrack Feedback tab on the right side of the main web page.

Comment

• king Barr
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Crusty
                      Usually with a new piece of kit, they include a 6-month subscription to what was called Ask-A-Tech.
                      Ask-A-Tech is being revamped as we speak and the "new" site is called "Sure-Track"
                      Check with either your dealer or "tech support"
                      HTH
                      Thats just what I wanted to hear, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• king Barr
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Jay G.
                        Ask-a-Tech has been decommissioned and replaced with SureTrack. If you are a ProDemand customer you get SureTrack at no charge but you will need to register on the SureTrack site. If you have any issues with the registration process use the SureTrack Feedback tab on the right side of the main web page.
                        I signed on to prodemand today and saw that its changed and that SureTrack is an available tab on the home screen. I will check it out, thanks for the help! How much is the SureTrack going to cost in addition per month? Any ideas?

Comment

Working...