Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Since 13.2 verus one doesn't see blue tooth

Tried hooking up to a S3/D4 scan module module and I don't think it even sees it. Tried booth the pairing function and the Blue tooth icon. The S3/D4 works with the Verdict. This is a first version verus. If I have 13.2 and the S3/D4 from the verdict has 12.2, which version of the scanner will appear on the verus screen if I'm hooking up to the S3/D4 ?
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Bob,

The version software # of the display device will show in the menu on Verdict and Verus. The software belongs to the display. The Firmware comes with the software and is copied and transferred to the S-3 The firmware stays in the S-3.

The Firmware will have to be flashed back and forth, most likely.It may be that the new firmware from 13.2 will work with the Verdict 12.2.

First, try plugging the USB cable from the S-3 to the Verus. The little "bluetooth icon" should turn green. That should prompt a firmware update. The Drivers should install also.

Turn off your Verdict.

On your Verus menu go to System Settings then "Paired Devices" You will "remove" the onboard scanner on the Verus by pairing with the S-3. You can only be paired to one scanner at a time, period. Go the pairing screen and click ADD. It should see the S-3 , if not, hit re-fresh. Eventually it will see it. Pair it, at that point the internal scanner is no longer paired.

You will be able to re-pair with the onboard scanner at any time, but you will lose the pairing with the S-3.

You can only pair with one display device at a time or there will be conflict. In fact when you pair with the Verus, it cannot boot the Verdict out. If both display devices are on, they will compete for partnership with the S-3. It makes sense, because both display devices are looking for an S-3. when turned on and the Atlas program open.

Good Luck. Bob

Last edited by Bob's Garage; 04-25-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Thanks for the reply, I'll play around with it some more this weekend. I was all excited to see that key fob programming was added for Kia and Hyundia and had an 09 Elantra that needed a new Fob. I always have problems getting my K-5A key to communicate with all the modules that it is supposed to work with. On this vehicle it would work with the ABS but not the BCM or any of the other single wire modules. The Verdict had no problem communicating with everything that it should, but the 12.2 doesn't have the key fob function. Can't remember having any problems getting the S-3 module hooked up before and I'm sure I followed all the same steps ( had the Verdict turned off). I also ordered a new K-5A key to see if that solves the other issues. The ABS and BCM both call for the K-5A key although they are on different communication circuits.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Not sure why but today the bluetooth is working and I was able to pair up with the S-3 scanner module. However when I tried to communicate with the vehicle I kept getting an error message. I'm thinking that this is because of the 13.2 in Verus and the 12.2 in the Verdict S=3 ? Although it did work before with 12.4 verus and 12.2 Verdict. What is the procedure for updating a wireless scanner (Verdict/Verus Pro) ? Does the wireless module have to be plugged into a vehicle (powered up) during the down load ? Or is the software down loaded directly into the S-3 or the hand held unit ?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Any time you update the software in the Verus the firmware in the Scan module needs to be updated too. Connect the scan module to your Verus with the USB cable that was supplied with it. When you go to ID a car (you don't need to be connected to a vehicle for this), it will tell you that you need to update the scan module, then it does it.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

I didn't want to mess around with it too much or the next thing you know the S-3 will work with the Verus but not the Verdict and I'll have to buy another 13.2 for it too. although I didn't see any prompts to update the S-3. I should consider getting a S=3 just to use with the Verus.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
              • Nov 2007

Mornin' Bob

Originally posted by greasybob
              I didn't want to mess around with it too much or the next thing you know the S-3 will work with the Verus but not the Verdict and I'll have to buy another 13.2 for it too. although I didn't see any prompts to update the S-3. I should consider getting a S=3 just to use with the Verus.
              Hi Bob,

It shouldn't be a problem switching your S-3 between both units. In the end, it is easier to have an S-3 for each Display device though, especially if you are going to have different vesions of software on each device.

I like the fact that the Verus Classic ( Verus 1 ) can go wire less and wired. Why do you want wireless in your Verus, Bob? I think there's many reasons that it can be, just wondering what you like about it most? Just curious.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I try to keep my Verus on a diagnostic cart and out of harms way as much as possible. This means running a cable through the door which can be combersome when you have narrow bays or are positioned between hoist posts. Or if you want to watch data while your messing around under the hood. In 5 years I,ve replaced several data cables and keys that were damaged by car doors closing on them. When the Bluetooth first came out I was a little nervous about lost communication and data lag, the first Verdict I tried was terrible, but things seem to have gotten better.

Comment

Working...