X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Used Solus Edge price same as new Port Freight 08

As a known Bottom Feeder, I saw one for sale with 14.4 for under $1000, but figure this one might have some developing pattern failure Bug a Boo, like some Wanky proprietary internal lith ion battery that costs an arm and a leg to replace. Any common issues I would want to look for?
    Also when accessing OBD1 , is there a go between adapter that you can obtain to still get by using old OBD1 adapters from a MT2500, Solus, Solus Pro , Modis, Verus?
    Also, Can Solus Edge provide any useful graphing capability for live data Pids of later generation old OBD1 model cars that offered live data stream?
    Also still not sure if Snappy Customer service will run used unit serial # to tell me before I buy used, if it's serial # is on some flagged Snappy Credit Repo/Stolen list and the least of my worries would be that I just would never be able to update the unit if cops were not called and I was somehow able to keep it.
    Seems like a lot of risk for used one that I would have to get updated soon, when I can just get another new Port Freight 08 with a year warranty with a couple years of some added newer car coverage, but the functionality of older model Chinese Hack software seems to be disappearing with each new update?
    Since The Das is now a De FunkToe model, maybe the Mini Cyst for an extra $300-$400, be a smarter option, but honestly I think if you update those things to get newer car coverage , you are just compromising functionality of some of the older Chinese Hack coverage, so maybe best to just leave it's software as is out of the box, rather than risk it Figure just a few more years of updates and the old Chinese Hack functionality we bought these damn things for be fully Straponified and OP-Peed away and returned back to J2534 subscription based access only as OE ever tightens it's legal grip on their B@lls.
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-11-2016, 09:43 AM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

A used Snappy or new Chinese?

Presently Chinese ones still can do more for the money but last year and a half giving more head aches as functions listed seemed to have stopped working. Ye of little patience and deeper pockets, Please get a Brand New Snap On Scanner so I can have a better selection to buy used in a few years
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Is this offer still available? I would be interested.
      No, that thread is a few years old already, but if you look on local Craigslist under tools and search scanner or scan tool, sometimes you can find a good deal on a used one like I saw that day and unlike E bay you can often try it before you buy it. Sometimes a crazy Ex is selling off stuff, a tech getting out of the business , a shop closed and selling off stuff for a fraction of original cost. With exception to the Port Freight 08 I purchased new, I bought my Solus, MT2500 , Counselor 2, and nearly new Maxi Cyst Pro all used off Craigslist.

Comment

Working...