New GM TDS home page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

That's it. You now get 24 months to program as many module as any 1 vin has in. As in 15 modules, you can program any 15 modules for a 24 month period. You can also buy more than 1 vin at a time, and after purchasing, you'll find that at bottom line of active vins to add new vin. I usually buy 4 at a time.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

The OP appears to be looking at European Operations page,I see that they can buy 2 hrs,they don't seem to have gone to the per VIN system.

Comment

• gigiore
        • Jun 2019

Thanks for your answers.
        I managed to get an official answer from them and, according to GM or ACDelco policy, the screenshot I posted is from their "overseas" website.
        I think the only workaround is to use a VPN, because when you register your country is auto filled based on your IP.

Also regarding VIN it shouldn't be a problem. The database in the back should be the same.
        I have an Opel Insignia, but still a GM car.
        Did anybody tried to subscribe for an Opel VIN? Were there any problems?

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by gigiore
          Thanks for your answers.
          I managed to get an official answer from them and, according to GM or ACDelco policy, the screenshot I posted is from their "overseas" website.
          I think the only workaround is to use a VPN, because when you register your country is auto filled based on your IP.

Also regarding VIN it shouldn't be a problem. The database in the back should be the same.
          I have an Opel Insignia, but still a GM car.
          Did anybody tried to subscribe for an Opel VIN? Were there any problems?
          I wouldn't recommend using a VPN,you want the correct software for your geographic location.Your Opel Insignia probably doesn't exist in North American Operations,but will in European Operations.
          I don't know what you are using for an interface,but some Opels can only be programmed with Tech 2.This is something you should verify before purchasing a subscription.The help desk should be able to tell you.

Here is a link to a thread where I had issue with a Opel manufactured car. > http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ad.php?t=13270
          Last edited by Glide; 06-18-2019, 08:52 AM. Reason: to add link

Comment

• gigiore
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Glide
            I wouldn't recommend using a VPN,you want the correct software for your geographic location.Your Opel Insignia probably doesn't exist in North American Operations,but will in European Operations.
            I don't know what you are using for an interface,but some Opels can only be programmed with Tech 2.This is something you should verify before purchasing a subscription.The help desk should be able to tell you.

Here is a link to a thread where I had issue with a Opel manufactured car. > http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ad.php?t=13270
            I'll use an MDI for programming.
            I'm not sure there is a specific SW for Europe. Maybe just the maps for navigation.
            Regarding help desk, of course I didn't tell them about the VPN, and they "adviced" me to purchase the only option available, "35 Euros for 2 Hours"

Also, the help desk didn't have any answer to this:

"what's the difference between:
            - Diagnostic Software - Level 1 TIS (Diagnostic Software)
            and
            - GDS2 (Global Diagnostic System - Global Diagnostic Package) - Level 1 TIS (GDS2 Global Diagnostic Package)

And also between:
            - SPS Programming Software (from 01.05.2018) SPS Programming Software
            and
            - Service Information, Programming Software (TIS) - Level 1 "

Maybe somebody here can clarify this.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Just seems to me that GM is giving the EU the Cocoa Kielbasa .Maybe the Right to Repair Law is more of a joke there than here.
              I say whenever possible , bypass the OE extortionists and the J-box hoops, and Recycle USED Electronic modules and do programmable module installations with a Chinaman tool
              Last edited by Witsend; 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Glide
                • Jan 2015

I'll use an MDI for programming.
                I'm not sure there is a specific SW for Europe. Maybe just the maps for navigation.
                Regarding help desk, of course I didn't tell them about the VPN, and they "adviced" me to purchase the only option available, "35 Euros for 2 Hours"

Also, the help desk didn't have any answer to this:

"what's the difference between:
                - Diagnostic Software - Level 1 TIS (Diagnostic Software)
                and
                - GDS2 (Global Diagnostic System - Global Diagnostic Package) - Level 1 TIS (GDS2 Global Diagnostic Package)

And also between:
                - SPS Programming Software (from 01.05.2018) SPS Programming Software
                and
                - Service Information, Programming Software (TIS) - Level 1 "

Maybe somebody here can clarify this.
                Not sure what they are calling "Diagnostic Software" TIS is Technical Information System which includes service information and some diagnostic software that can be used with Tech 2 on a PC.
                GDS2 is their Scan tool software that is installed on a PC and uses MDI or MDI2 as an interface.
                SPS is Service Programming System,which is where you find module software.
                "Level 1" sounds like how your access is limited.no idea if Level 1 is highest(dealer level) or lowest
                There is specific software for every region due to differences in emissions laws.Our emissions are stricter in North America,so you don't want our software.

Comment

• gigiore
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Glide
                  Not sure what they are calling "Diagnostic Software" TIS is Technical Information System which includes service information and some diagnostic software that can be used with Tech 2 on a PC.
                  GDS2 is their Scan tool software that is installed on a PC and uses MDI or MDI2 as an interface.
                  SPS is Service Programming System,which is where you find module software.
                  "Level 1" sounds like how your access is limited.no idea if Level 1 is highest(dealer level) or lowest
                  There is specific software for every region due to differences in emissions laws.Our emissions are stricter in North America,so you don't want our software.
                  Regarding emissions, only the engine software could be different.
                  From your knowledge, is GDS2 available offline also? Could be found some cracked version on torrents or somewhere?

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

Regarding emissions, only the engine software could be different.
                    From your knowledge, is GDS2 available offline also? Could be found some cracked version on torrents or somewhere?
                    GDS2 is only possible online.As far as any cracked versions,I don't know.I also don't know if GDS2 will work for your car,it doesn't cover all GM vehicles(not backwards compatible).In North America GDS2 coverage started with some models in 2010,and as of 2014 covers all current models.Your best bet is to look at some Euro forums for your best info.

here is a link to what vehicles are supported with GDS2,I see no Opels
                    Last edited by Glide; 06-20-2019, 08:41 AM. Reason: add link to GDS2 suppoorted list

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Dr Thaddeus Zeus, believes TDS has become too Tedious? Oops, my bad, guess TDS is the Chryslurr thingy rolleyes:

Comment

Working...