Altusdrive authorization key?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Who cares about scan reports when THIS kind of thing happens-??

Undocumented code-???
    REALLY-??
    It's not that big a deal accessing the "cloud". Some people want it, they paid for it, they should get it.

Witsend has a very valid point. What happens when one stops paying extortion fees for "cloud" access-??
    If the FORD scan tool doesn't see internet access, to THEIR website, THE TOOL NO LONGER FUNCTIONS-!!
    The "mining" of information sent up is probably in the fine print that you'd need an electron microscope to read....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Folk still need to know, after update expiration if there be a simple work around where you can just send a slightly less polished turd report by bluetooth file to your smart phone and just send to customer by your Smart Phone?
      Crusty, Is that image where the code shows as undocumented with exclamation mark from an 18.4 tool code report or an OE Ford tool when the internet access is turned off? If you re- scan it with the internet connected , then it will display the code definition?:-(
      Last edited by Witsend; 11-06-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

No, it doesn't matter if the internet is connected. With the latest and greatest all updated we still see that "undocumented". What amuses me no end is to see that and that back off down to the old school "Troubleshooting" section for that module. Then look up tips by code. Lo and behold! Often as not, that code will npot only be there and defined there will be some info on what might have caused it.

Yep, "undocumented". Derp.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
          Folk still need to know, after update expiration if there be a simple work around where you can just send a slightly less polished turd report by bluetooth file to your smart phone and just send to customer by your Smart Phone?
          Crusty, Is that image where the code shows as undocumented with exclamation mark from an 18.4 tool code report or an OE Ford tool when the internet access is turned off? If you re- scan it with the internet connected , then it will display the code definition?:-(
          That's from an "All Module Scan", or vehicle report from my Modis.
          No internet required for the tool to function, unlike many OE tools these days.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
            No, it doesn't matter if the internet is connected. With the latest and greatest all updated we still see that "undocumented". What amuses me no end is to see that and that back off down to the old school "Troubleshooting" section for that module. Then look up tips by code. Lo and behold! Often as not, that code will npot only be there and defined there will be some info on what might have caused it.

Yep, "undocumented". Derp.
            My point is, the uploading of some kind of all module scan, or vehicle report, which has the emissions monitors information as being complete or incomplete, isn't of much use if the machine doesn't recognize what are really very well "documented" codes, and shows them as "undocumented".
            So much for the completeness of the "vehicle report".
            When one goes into the ABS module for the 2009 GM vehicle, the scanner identifies the codes properly, so it's not as if the scanner isn't capable of recognizing the codes....and reporting them PROPERLY.

As for actually performing a complete and proper all module scan, or "vehicle report", the Tech-II has done it on a 2001 Venture for the last couple of decades, but sadly, our new state-of-the-art scanners don't-!!

Who really gives a rats pitoot about "cloud" anyway.
            Once it's on the tool, it can be EASILY put onto a computer hard drive. Once it's there, on my own hard drive I'm not reliant on anyone else's "system".
            Cell phone picture. Sent via email. Hey Mr Jones, we found something that needs further investigation. Would you like us to continue-??
            Simple.
            K.I.S.S.

But, since the original poster paid for it to function, Captain Picard would say "make it so".
            Spock would have it functioning properly in about 3 seconds.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

But, since the original poster paid for it to function, Captain Picard would say "make it so".
              Spock would have it functioning properly in about 3 seconds.
              I think Spock will consult with Scot-tie The Mechanic over there in the UK on how he would Mirror the Screen of a Windows 7 machine to the 3D display on the Bridge to deflect the Photon torpedoes

Comment

• Tech_A
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by sledfreek76
                Hello, Im disappointed.... Bought a thermal camera and a Modis Edge and cannot get thru the Altudrive Authorization key it asks for. I dont have one! Was not given one! Where is this authorization key located? Thankyou
                Hey Sledfreek,

Thanks for the feedback...

the authorization key should be available when you initially set up the wifi for the device. The wifi needs to be on to utilize altus drive. If you dismissed the authorization key and instructions that were presented when setting up the WiFi, you can retrieve the access code by going to the tools and settings menu and selecting Altus Setup.

Further information as follows..

If there is anything else you would like to comment or discuss about this experience please feel free to send me a private message.

Comment

Working...