Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

Solus cannot read ECM correclty

Had a 2016 Audi A7 Quattro, my solus ultra with 18.2.1 auto id the car by vin correctly.

when I went to read faults in the engine ECU, A message appeared stating the scan tool cannot id the ecu and find the proper variant.

see attached screen shots..

Had to use ODIS and found the variant is 002001.

see ODIS screenshot for vin of vehicle.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Just be thankful you have a working forum you can vent on, I just paid a grand to update the ChinaCyst I wasn't planning to update and got the thing back from repairs a few weeks ago and it would no longer decode the VIN on my own 03 Grand Marquis or the wife"s 03 Chrysler town and Country. I called support ,and they said the vehicles might be too old and to try a newer vehicle. WTF, I knew it did both before I updated it , so support remotely flashed the VCI , but the titles for the files were in Chinese, so my Jbox VCI got flashed with the incorrect VCI firmware so I had to send the VCI and the tablet in it. Their user forum was a joke taking 2 to 5 minutes after sign in , just to load a page, but now it seems officially broken, so no more people can use the forum to try to get help or share help with one another and vent about issues that they might have that others might have the same issues and try to find a workaround till issues are fixed.
    Attached Files

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

404 is never a good thing response from a server... Hope they fix it, hope they fix the snap on SW for this Audi too. Who ever is beta testing these is not doing a good job, found 3 problems in the last 2 weeks.

How does one become a beta tester??

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Apparently you buy a machine. Boom, beta-tester you.

Then you complain about its shortcomings and problems to little or no response. Then pray someone accidentally addresses some of the problems with the next update because there's no much else you can do. And repeat. This applies to just about any scanner, no matter who makes or sell it. Even the OEM ones. Apparently.

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

Yes, I was afraid so.. And yes there is always room for improvements for scan tool, even oem ones. Interesting fact, only one guy does the Ferrari scan tool, kinda a weird guy too

But... They must have some testers.. Official ones. Maybe friends of the developers?? Maybe just scan 15 year old fords in Wisconsin? J/k...Just had a ford gt in the shop, you know the gt40.. Drives really nice too, Solus worked really good with it, Ids is not my kinda tool is all I'll say

Need testers who test more modern euro cars.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Need testers who test more modern euro cars.
            I Think Ferrari had some woman named Rosa they named a car model after

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

"TesterRosa" in case that evaded some of you folk

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

yes, but there is a lot of rosso, for a color, like rosso corso... race red basically.. very common color

but as far as a tester??? very possible, since women build the engines

Comment

Working...