Thanks !

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Thanks Steve.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Just a reminder that tomorrow night is the Live stream training.

Also in case you didn't scroll down toward the bottom of the page here is a link to past trainings

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

sweet thanks steve

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

I somehow managed to remember to watch. Apparently if you have one of the latest scanners then all you need to do is buy a year's worth of FCA subscription for $50 to be able to fully scan and diagnose FCA gateway vehicles. We can deal with that.

It SEEMS you have to have wifi access to unlock the vehicle for testing but not thereafter. So once you get into it then you can go on test drives with live data readings and so forth just as before without worrying about wifi.

If you stop working on the vehicle and go back to it later I wonder if you might have to re-unlock it. Or if you pull it up as a saved vehicle on the scanner will it unlock automatically or just already be unlocked? I didn't get a chance to ask.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Yay !!! I finally did it, Got registered and all hooked up. Only took an hour. I hate passwords, when can we just go to a retina scan or some other bio marker. Why is there no sound on the Snap On video ? https://www.snapon.com/gateway . I see that Launch is not on the autoauth list, are only those manufacturers on the scroll down list eligible ?
              Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

A lot has been said about the need for for wifi connection during test drives. I did not find this to be the case. The vehicle stayed unlocked during the test drive when out of wifi range, there was no interruption in the data stream and as far as I could tell the functions remained. I think that as long as the scanner retains communication with the vehicle things should remain unlocked. I'll experiment with this more as I get the opportunity
                Attached Files

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

GREAT info Bob! Thank you for posting this!

Comment

• tech25
                    • Oct 2017

I posted earlier about this, different thread though, once you unlock the sgm module, it stays unlocked for 8 hours.

after 8 hours is up, it will lock again,and you must, then again, unlock it.

Comment

• GypsyR
                      • Jul 2017

Exactly what I wanted to ask since the webinair about this. Eight hours, got it. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

Yep, ran into a bit of a problem with this reconditioned ZEUS that I bought. When I went to register the scanner with AutoAuth I get a message that the scanner is already registered with another shop and won't let me register it my name. Apparently the previous owner did not unregister it when it was traded in. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have purchased a pre-owned scanner and run into this problem. Any have a solution ? AutoAuth hasn't been much help.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Got it !!! When the Zeus was reconditioned it was given a new serial number. I was trying to register it with the original serial number that was on the "Getting Started Pack". Maybe that wasn't even the serial number, but it kept coming up as being registered to another shop. Strange. Should work now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...