Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 07-08-2020, 07:00 AM

Corvette Rick Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

This example the coolant was higher then that but Iíve tried it multiple times with it being around 75 or so and it still fails because of the drive test. The scanner says 158 or lower for temp to even start the test. Maybe you are right some of the tests might have started to clear already but I feel like it just doesnít work for this car based on everything Iíve read and tried. There were no codes it was just a matter of wanting to get the monitors all done instead of the long route for the evap.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 AM

tech25 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Have you met all these requirements before attempting a service bay test?

engine voltage between 11-18 volts
barometric pressure is more than 75 kPa
coolant temp is between 39-86F
intake air temp between 39-86F
difference between coolant and air temp is less than 10.8 F
ambient air temp is between 39-86F
fuel level is between 15 and 85%

the fuel level is a big one. If you meet all of these, all faults cleared.
and monitors reset, what happens if you attempt to run the service bay test?
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 PM

Corvette Rick Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Ive attempted this test many times and it always fails for the same reason, the drive time and distance. I meet all the requirements but when i start the test with the high idle, it immediately fails every time. And says the drive time and distance wasn't met. You cannot do the drive time before the test because then the temp will be too hot. If you do the drive and try to let it sit you still have to back out of the test to restart it, at which point it will tell you you didn't meet that condition again. There's literally no way to satisfy the conditions of this test. I've given up and moved on at this point it simply does not work for this car. The program contradicts itself with its requirements making it literally impossible to run the test.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:08 AM

Nate75 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

on the screen shot you posted it only shows the engine OFF test inhibit reason being drive time, need to look at the EVAP test abort reason, not the EVAP engine off test abort or inhibit. as was explained previosly the engine off test is not allowed until the drive requirements are met, you are being failed in the running portion not the engine off part of the test. I have not done the test on your exact vehicle but I think there is something else kicking you out of the test.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:31 AM

In that section it just says lost enable conditions. Even with a Tech 2 it tells me the failed reason is the drive time. I appreciate the responses but this test just doesn't work for this car, as ive tried it every conceivably way meeting all requirements laid out, with it failing the exact same way each time.