X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Welcome to the SureTrack User Group

We're going to be using this group to discuss the SureTrack product to get ideas and also provide updates to users. Also feel free to ask questions about SureTrack here, you can start a new topic if you want to discuss something in particular with the group.

Please check to see if there is an existing topic that covers what you want to talk about before starting a new one.

I am one of the community administrators from Mitchell1. I also administrate the tip system in the OnDemand5 and ShopKey5 products.
    Last edited by Nick_Taylor; 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
    We're going to be using this group to discuss the SureTrack product to get ideas and also provide updates to users. Also feel free to ask questions about SureTrack here.

I am one of the community administrators from Mitchell1. I also administrate the tip system in the OnDemand5 and ShopKey5 products.
    Hi Nick
    The more information we can all share the better we all are.
    Anything I can help with, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see some of the other regulars chime in here and say Hi to Nick.

Comment

• maven
      • Mar 2014

Hello Nick!

Is there a function on suretrack that allows one to view topics they have responded to?

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Pictures worth a thousand words, Video's are worth a million

How about a Mitchell App for smart phone the mechanic touches , you scan the Vin label bar code on door , it automatically Id's car . Then you type in short description of root cause of a problem you found then push video record button and submit the video to mitchell to post on You tube for a compilation of common pattern failure inspection areas others can refer to before having to dive into pinpoint testing.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
          Hi Nick
          The more information we can all share the better we all are.
          Anything I can help with, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see some of the other regulars chime in here and say Hi to Nick.
          I'll be inviting the regulars to join in here.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
            Administrator
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by maven
            Hello Nick!

Is there a function on suretrack that allows one to view topics they have responded to?
            On the My SureTrack page there is a tab for "Following". Anytime you reply to a post, it is automatically added to that list. We recently changed the sort to show the latest ones at the top of the list.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
              How about a Mitchell App for smart phone the mechanic touches , you scan the Vin label bar code on door , it automatically Id's car . Then you type in short description of root cause of a problem you found then push video record button and submit the video to mitchell to post on You tube for a compilation of common pattern failure inspection areas others can refer to before having to dive into pinpoint testing.
              I know they're looking into apps but not sure what the progress is. I will pass this along.

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

I use ST a lot and my #1 issue is that it does not put the thread at the top of the page when it has a new response.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skip
                  I use ST a lot and my #1 issue is that it does not put the thread at the top of the page when it has a new response.
                  I agree skip. That would show some current activity on that thread.

Another issue is threads are not completed and what fixed the vehicle seems to be rarely posted.
                  What worked and what didn't is a benefit to all. Perhaps a follow up and a completion requested by S.T. may prompt some to complete the thread.

Another thing is where the original post is coming from location wise. Vehicles in Maine or New York may see things that people in Southern California never see. Might put a vehicle's malady in perspective for other members.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

On the My SureTrack page there is a tab for "Following". Anytime you reply to a post, it is automatically added to that list. We recently changed the sort to show the latest ones at the top of the list.
                    Also right beside the "following" is a "viewed" prompt even if you didn't necessarily respond or post to that thread.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Skip
                      Can you be more specific? What page are you talking about?

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                        I agree skip. That would show some current activity on that thread.

Another issue is threads are not completed and what fixed the vehicle seems to be rarely posted.
                        What worked and what didn't is a benefit to all. Perhaps a follow up and a completion requested by S.T. may prompt some to complete the thread.

Another thing is where the original post is coming from location wise. Vehicles in Maine or New York may see things that people in Southern California never see. Might put a vehicle's malady in perspective for other members.
                        I'm working up stories about the user profiles. Part of that is to add the user's shop name and location below their name in the posts and also link to their profile.

The system does send out reminders to users to close out their posts but a lot of times they don't. We need to remind them more and maybe restrict asking more questions until they do. A big problem is that a lot of vehicles never get fixed or they get put on the back burner. I'm working up a design where a user can close a question without a fix. That way they can bring it back later if needed but it would remove it from the lists.

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

user's shop name and location below their name in the posts and also link to their profile.

The system does send out reminders to users to close out their posts but a lot of times they don't. We need to remind them more and maybe restrict asking more questions until they do. A big problem is that a lot of vehicles never get fixed or they get put on the back burner. I'm working up a design where a user can close a question without a fix. That way they can bring it back later if needed but it would remove it from the lists.
                          Sometimes the anonymity of a web site name allows people to be freer with online activity so identifying the shop might not be great but just generically identifying the State or Province as here in Canuck land might suffice and only adds a small field.. This may help identify regional trends. New Hampshire and New York will see some things that don't crop up in Florida or Southern California.

Perhaps creating some question "categories" such as Steering & Suspension, or Engine & Driveability could allow sorting where inactive threads could be archived after two weeks of inactivity.

Comment

• Modis500
                            • Sep 2012

The mobile app idea is a great direction many of us could use, most of us almost daily. With VIN Scan, we can go back to the toolbox, fire up the scantool, and input the VIN before we get back to the car, for those of us without a Wireless tool currently. Also, it will help us do our paperwork for the shop if it would hold previous vehicle history. And, quick lookup of firing order, cylinder identification, wiring schematics, etc....
                            And also, Hello to Nick

Tom
                            "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                            Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Skip
                              Super Moderator
                              • Apr 2008

Can you be more specific? What page are you talking about?
                              The "Latest Questions" page.

Comment

Working...