Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carmedic
    • Apr 2007

7.2, PC Link, and Shop StreamConnect

When the Shop Stream software is released, will I no longer need PC Link? Since I upgraded to 7.2 with the new hardware, I cannot connect to my laptop using the wireless adapter that came with PC Link. I can connect with a USB cable, and the MODIS is recognized as another drive. PC Link does not recognize the connection, however. It looks as if Shop Stream will recognize all the same files as PC Link, with the addition of .bmp files. Will it display these in the same way PC Link does?

• Joshua Covington
    • Aug 2006

Looks like it's coming soon!

Here's a link to the information page...

Works with 7.2 on the following platforms:
    2006 MODIS (USB Port behind Left Handgrip)
    SOLUS
    ETHOS
    Vantage Pro

BTW I believe your wireless card should still work to connect to the internet.

--Josh
    Snap-on Diagnostics
    Program Manager

Comment

• MasterWrench
      • Oct 2006

Now the big question......How much$$$????
      MasterWrench

Comment

• carmedic
        • Apr 2007

Info over at IATN suggests it will be a free download. Hope so!

Comment

• Joshua Covington
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Joshua Covington

Works with 7.2 on the following platforms:
          2006 MODIS (USB Port behind Left Handgrip)
          SOLUS
          ETHOS
          Vantage Pro

UPDATE: The download for ShopStream Connect has just gone live!
          CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE!
          Snap-on Diagnostics
          Program Manager

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

So if your MODIS is older, like mine, bought 4 or 5 years ago, this will not work?
            MasterWrench

Comment

• carmedic
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MasterWrench
              So if your MODIS is older, like mine, bought 4 or 5 years ago, this will not work?
              You'll be able to use ShopStream Connect to view files on your PC, you'll just have to transfer the files to your PC with a card reader.

Comment

• tazme695
                • Aug 2007

Im Another Poor Sole That Bought One Of The First Modis Setups In My Area! I Have It Connected To A 17" Lcd I Also Have An Optiplex Pc With Wireless Internet On A Modis Cart And Its All Powered By A 12 Volt Inverter And A Deep Cycle Battery I Get About 4 Hours Straight If Running All! I Wanted To Send My Modis Data Directly To Our Network Printer Wierlessly Ill Figure It Out Im Trying To Avoid Such An Expensive Upgrade! I Use The 17" Lcd Any Way And A Vga Switch. I Never Take The Modis Off Its Cart! I Can Work Out In The Lot And Use My Shopkey And Modis At Carside With Out Running Back And Forth Im Looking For A Compact Flash Wifi Card And Ill Get In And Figure It Out With An Ad-hoc Network With Out The Update! I Love Snap-on Dont Get Me Wrong But I Pay For Every Update (980.00) Since I Bought The Scanner Now Im Up 7.2 Software With All The Adapters And Dis Kit And Low And High Amp Probes I Spent Enough They Should Give Me The New Board So I Can Direct Connect To My Pc I Already Bought From Them!

Comment

• nd4mr2spd
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by tazme695
                  Im Another Poor Sole That Bought One Of The First Modis Setups In My Area! I Have It Connected To A 17" Lcd I Also Have An Optiplex Pc With Wireless Internet On A Modis Cart And Its All Powered By A 12 Volt Inverter And A Deep Cycle Battery I Get About 4 Hours Straight If Running All! I Wanted To Send My Modis Data Directly To Our Network Printer Wierlessly Ill Figure It Out Im Trying To Avoid Such An Expensive Upgrade! I Use The 17" Lcd Any Way And A Vga Switch. I Never Take The Modis Off Its Cart! I Can Work Out In The Lot And Use My Shopkey And Modis At Carside With Out Running Back And Forth Im Looking For A Compact Flash Wifi Card And Ill Get In And Figure It Out With An Ad-hoc Network With Out The Update! I Love Snap-on Dont Get Me Wrong But I Pay For Every Update (980.00) Since I Bought The Scanner Now Im Up 7.2 Software With All The Adapters And Dis Kit And Low And High Amp Probes I Spent Enough They Should Give Me The New Board So I Can Direct Connect To My Pc I Already Bought From Them!
                  Ask your Snap On Dealer about ShopStream (not shopstream connect). If they're not familiar with it yet (only a couple months since being introduced) - ask them to have their Diagnostic Rep contact you. This is a seamless system that embraces all of the details of what you've put together and more.

I'm sure the money you've spent on the equipment you have has served you well!

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

If what I heard is correct it is called ShopStream Solutions, but from what I understand it has a shop billing system, ShopKey and a scanner but not the scop functions of the Modis. Does it have the V-pro data base built in?

Thanks
                    Steve

Comment

Working...