• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rangie1980
    • Jun 2014

Updates Through Wi-Fi?

Can the Modis Ultra with Update 15.4
    Check and install updates through the Wi-Fi connection
    or do I have to plug into a computer and use Shop Stream Connect.
    What about Notices about updates?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Updating Snappy Scanners, I believe is a Bi Annual Updating process. 15.2 is the presently the latest update level. Some glaring glitch fixes and patches can be applied to the scanners Via the internet, but I don't think you will get any added coverage to 15.2 applied via the internet until you purchase update 15.4.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
      • Feb 2012

My understanding is that the new subscription service updates will be done through ShopStream Connect, and notifications of available updates will be pushed to your computer when they are available.

Comment

• landroverman1958
        • Feb 2010

15.2 update

my mark 1 verus was plugged indirectly to my home hub on its docking station,when a message from shopstream connect came through to ask,did i want to up date to 15.2?click on the link,
        which i then did,it down loaded 15.2 taking 3and a half hours to do so,but did not complete,so had to be downloaded again,,,,,
        it then loaded correctly and installed ok, i have been told the down load speed has to be above 20 meg down load speed otherwise it is done through the dealer using the usb stick,
        this applies to the uk market

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

OK Guys,
          I just got a Modis Ultra to replace my old Verus that started acting up. It is currently running 14.2, and I just hooked it up to Shopstream Connect to see if there were any software patches (14.2.1...etc,) I've done this with my Vantage Pro, Solus Pro, and my Modis in the past. They would usually have a prompt in the upper left hand pull down tab, under the "Tools", then the "Software Update" tabs. This is my first newer style scan tool from Snappy, so I'm just wondering if there is a different way to find these. Also, I wasn't able to view my saved files thru Shopstream Connect. I'll play with it some more, but if there's some info out there, I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE

So I just plugged it back in 10 minutes after typing my questions, and the prompt came in. Downloading service patch 14.2.1 right now, hoping there's some fixes on there for the scope hanging up, etc. Just wanted to pass this along for other users that were wondering this same thing
          Last edited by Modis500; 11-29-2015, 06:50 PM. Reason: Found Service Update
          "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...