Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckboots87
    • Nov 2017

can not send scan data in an email.

heres a screen shot. i have windows 10 mail open with a gmail account i established to send my scans to our house email for insurance company prescans, any ideas?
    Attached Files
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chuckboots87
    heres a screen shot. i have windows 10 mail open with a gmail account i established to send my scans to our house email for insurance company prescans, any ideas?
    Try this:
    Close SSC
    Close Win 10 mail
    Open SSC and try to email file.

Comment

• cleupp3373
      • Apr 2014

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I was in contact with Support over 2 weeks ago and they had me try a couple of different things. The Tech was also trying to e-mail from his computer, a sample file, and couldn't do it from his ShopStream program.

A request for his support team was generated and I did receive a confirmation stating a work around is being looked into.

The only thing I have done so far is this, and it still did not solve the issue, I have tried this on both my PC's using W8.1 on one and W7 on the other:

Open Control Panel

Click on Default Programs

Click on Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program

Scroll down the list until you see "MAILTO" click on this to highlight, then click on change default settings, set whatever option for your e-mail default program you want it to be. In my case for both PC's I use Google, click on the option and your computer will change to that as default.

I still am not able to e-mail a file from ShopStream after doing this. I have had SS for over 3yrs and just recently needed to e-mail screen shots for practice for a class I have been taking, and ran into this issue.

I am still trying to work on this issue, seen your post thought I should respond, for now I have just been taking pictures with my phone and sending them that way.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

While you may not be able to email directly from SSC, you can simply go to your email (mine is s G-mail), create the email and attach a file, or two, or three, etc.
        I've been doing it this way for almost a decade now. It works.
        The only limitation is the total file size thst three or six or seven files accumulate . I think the G-mail had a limit of 25-KB

Comment

• cleupp3373
          • Apr 2014

I have been trying that way as well, I still couldn't get it accomplished, I will try to work on that way again when I get a chance.

Thanks for the Tip.

Comment

• cleupp3373
            • Apr 2014

I was able to open G-mail, attach a file from one of my ShopStream folders and send it. It seemed like a long way around, I will keep working on this, Thanks again for the tip.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cleupp3373
              I was able to open G-mail, attach a file from one of my ShopStream folders and send it. It seemed like a long way around, I will keep working on this, Thanks again for the tip.
              So you open SSC and then tell an email program to send it.
              OR
              You open an email program and tell it to send a SSC file...

Same thing.
              One works, the other doesn't.
              I'd work with the method that achieves the result desired.

It's be nice if SSC automatically co-operated with emails but many times websites demand that you use their desired email programs. Windows and Micro-junk LOST my co-operation when they hijacked my email address and stuck it in limbo in India a decade ago. Lost all contacts and ability for over three months. NEVER AGAIN-!!
              The third entity email provider has not done this (YET-!!)
              When they do, they'll lose all my respect and co-operation as well.

Companies that TRY to pigeon hole one (you or me) into THEIR desired process loses all consideration.
              The NAZI's tried to do the same thing, so did the Asian "thought police" over a half century ago.
              Same principle.

To be fair, the people writing SSC are not overtly trying this tactic, but rather, they have been doing a GREAT JOB making SSC better than it was 10 years ago.
              I hope they keep up their conscientious efforts to augment our scan tools and data acquisition.

Open SSC and you can't get an email out.
              Open your email and attach a file.....it works.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

I'm thinking all the newer Edge Platforms besides older Verdict, Verus internet accessible platforms should be able to Synch to your email account to e-mail off a PDF files of code scan results directly off the tablet without still having to go through loading scan results to SSC on your PC? I think you can with Chinaman **** you might be able to even synch it directly to your phone and send to customer's phone with text message. I Thought Hefaus posted a picture had a phone app on his tablet home screen. Isn't SSC basically just for saving scope files and playing back graphs of pids recorded on test drives?

Comment

• tech25
                  • Oct 2017

Hello all, i too had the same issue as the op, here's what fixed it for me!

first my system:
                  Windows 7, 32 bit.
                  solus ultra with latest ssc 17.4.0.4

when i hooked up my solus ultra to ssc and clicked email that same message came up saying i need to establish a account.

heres how i fixed it.......

I had Hotmail but just used the website for email.
                  I got Microsoft Office 2007 and set up Outlook with all updates available and
                  with the outlook connector program too.

When outlook was open and ssc was open i would get the same message with the email and it didn't work.

i then closed outlook and only had ssc open, when i click on email it automatically opens up a new email window from outlook and it works perfect.

also, go to control panel and set outlook as your default email program too.

soo. have outlook and have it working correctly.
                  do not have outlook open,
                  only have ssc open and when you click the email button, it should work.

Comment

Working...