X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Springy
    • Oct 2018

UK Modis 15.4 no communication

Hi all, first post so be gentle!!

I rarely fix cars these days but knew I had to get a decent scanner and oscilloscope hench the choice of Modis.

Has worked brilliantly for the last 18 months (other than a dim display and a battery that is reluctant to hold charge) The last couple of cars I've put it on it keeps coming up with no communication and no clicking from the DL16 (black one) , I pulled all the modules, cf cards and battery out put it back together and it worked on my landrover.

Got it out two days later to use it again and still no communication!
    No clicking at all from the DL16, brought a replacement DL16 (red one) and still no joy!

Please help!! Think the wife'll kill me if she thinks I've blown £1000 on a knackered bit of kit!
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Maybe Could try another main cable

Comment

• Springy
      • Oct 2018

Thanks for the quick reply.

Less than 6ohms resistance on each of the 15pins less than 30ohms on the earth shielding, I'm guessing that's ok.

Do you know of any other common issues?

Comment

• Springy
        • Oct 2018

Right, been onto Snapon tech and tried (and failed) a system restore. The nice chap (Steve) is sending out a new CF card so hopefully that sorts it. If not I'll be looking at a new scanner module for it which they no longer sell!!

In case I do need one does anyone know where I can source one?

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Springy
          Right, been onto Snapon tech and tried (and failed) a system restore. The nice chap (Steve) is sending out a new CF card so hopefully that sorts it. If not I'll be looking at a new scanner module for it which they no longer sell!!

In case I do need one does anyone know where I can source one?

Only place I could ‘ recommend ‘ would be eBay

Comment

• Springy
            • Oct 2018

Thanks for the reply, we'll, tried a new CF card with the most up to date software and still no joy ☹️ looks like it is the scanner module at fault. Now to search the planet for a module!! I've set a notification on ebay for any modis' for sale.

Will start a new thread for wanted.

Thanks all

Comment

Working...