Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricardo65
    • Mar 2011

Key Coding

Hello I cant program a key to a 2016 Nissan Altima with my Zeus I'm running software 18.4. In the vehicle coverage guide it says it could be done. But when I go into body control module-immobilizer it says not supported. Can someone give me some info on this? Thank you.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

All KC probably means is Key copying. Meaning it can copy an existing working original equipment key's ID and write that ID to another correct new key if you have one or two already. If all keys lost and you don't have a working key you are SOL and likely need a subscription, J-box and lock smith ID.

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

I would call the help desk as KC stands for Key Coding and the 18.4 software guide shows it is supported. A J-box will not work for this as Nissan only allows Engine and Transmission support with one for that year.

Capture.JPG
      Last edited by Steve6911; 01-23-2019, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

None of Snap On tools can do Nissans. None. Get yourself a Launch. But I haven't done one of that year yet. Not sure if that car is turn style or proximity. Proximity Keys are a bit different to program. Either way, If you're into this, it takes a lot of reading. It's how I'm able to program a "ALL LOST KEYS'" on a 2018 Honda accord using a Snap On and another tool. Very easy once you do it the first time. Same with Toyota, Snap on can add keys and erase all existing, but cannot do "ALL KEYS LOST". I use another machine for that. It sucks, but it's doable. If you have the time to study and read, ALOT. I am self taught. No one taught me anything. Good Luck!

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
          I would call the help desk as KC stands for Key Coding and the 18.4 software guide shows it is supported. A J-box will not work for this as Nissan only allows Engine and Transmission support with one for that year.
          Steve, did you take note of Nissan's J2534-1 recommendations of supported Equipment???

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            Steve, did you take note of Nissan's J2534-1 recommendations of supported Equipment???

Of course I did, I have used the PTPII without any problems but if there was an issue I would bet that Nissan would provide NO support!

Comment

• ricardo65
              • Mar 2011

Thank you very much guys, for the great info. I am going to call Snap on and see what they say.

Comment

• ronald316
                • Oct 2018

key code

what was snapon s reply

Comment

Working...