Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

GM Key Fob Reprogram

Okay guys I'm working with a Solus Pro, 11.4. Got a key fob for an '01 Olds Aurora= 1G3GR64H51414XXXX. I know I could program key fobs when I had 12.4 on my Modis, but I'm not finding it in 11.4. Will this need a Tech2 or an update on my Solus Pro to 12.4 or higher?
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

not sure of the snappy platform now as ive given it up

most other tools will do it now..launch,maxidas,vauxcom or its copy version-opcom,hella,decscan.

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Unfortunately Launch will not. Had fellow tech try with his Launch without luck
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Id just grab a Tech2 if youve got access to one, def need a scan tool. I have never looked in 14.2 to see if it does it.

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

Okay so 13.4 has it in functional tests, and I can pull module info and check for codes. However, when I got to program key fobs, it's says "an error occurred"
          "Read object/ program key fobs class2 RFA MACHINE1) protoID 0x000.
          Is this a scan tool problem or a module issue?
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• hefaus
            • Dec 2007

Fob

Hi.When I had my Solus Pro. 11.4 it did the key fobs on my Gm 07 no problem. I now use the MaxiSys and have no regrets with this tool. Keep Smiling

Comment

• markt
              • Apr 2011

interesting that the launch wont do it..thats what i use over here..cant see the american cars being much different.
              looks like it could be a software error on youre snappy...would be interesting to see if another tool can do it before you try the tech2.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Are you sure you can't add a remote without using the scan tool??? Like this...
                Aurora - '01 Aurora keyless programming - I've searched on google and found about 3 different ways to do it, none of which work. Does anyone know how to do it for real?? TIA Dan

This is 1 of the reasons I have retained my Tech2.

Comment

• Modis500
                  • Sep 2012

I tried this link that you posted...no luck! But some of the guys on there said that the timing has to be exact. I'll either upgrade the S Pro to 14.2 or find a Tech2. Thanks for the help
                  Zig Ziglar

Comment

• maven
                    • Mar 2014

That procedure was in use on vehicles from that era of GM RKE systems, multiple vehicles used it, however the GM SI only lists a scan tool method for this year G car.

Comment

• Modis500
                      • Sep 2012

Okay one more piece of info on this. I tried my dealer's Solus Ultra 13.4 and it said the same "error machine" message. Hard to think two different platforms have the same problem.... Probably a dead link in the software???????
                      Maybe I should post this under a Bug Report for Solus Platforms, what do you guys think?
                      Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...