X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Crank No Start 196K 2014 Nissan Versa Note

Road call , Pulled a ton of codes , checked fuses and under hood, no blown fuses or obvious issues under hood. Couple start attempts after it sounded like it wanted to start on initial attempt and the car started up and idled slowly, but I just figured I just let it warm up a awhile and recover some battery charge.After it ran about 10 minutes and was warm I pressed the accelerator and it only slowly increased engine speed to a faster idle. Watching the pids the MAF still seemed to be stay at 0.01 LBs. per minute and accelerator position sensor 1 registered little or no change. I turned the engine off and key on and cleared all the codes and started up and now runs and takes gas with out hesitation. App sensor 1 and MAF seem to respond normally now after erasing codes. I left car where it sits and ordered up the Accelerator Position Sensor 1 (The accelerator pedal assembly thingy. Ordered for tomorrow, and I sure hope it resolve the issue on this High mile Turd. Surprised part just lists for $45. Thinking the real causative issue be a power supply or ground dropping out , but why would clearing all the codes seem to cure the problem ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 05-22-2018, 04:15 PM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Installed the new APP sensor drove it 15 miles , all was fine, released the vehicle and was ok for several days and car stalled , wouldn't start and got towed back to me.
    Car tested to have a bad open fuel pump , yet the High Tech Intelligent Power Distribution Module that the fuel pump relay is integrated into can't red flag an open fuel pump like a 15 year old Ford can detect, pretty sad?
    Customers that are slobs with cars full of trash P@ss me off as much as comebacks and Unfortunately the fuel pump on this cheap economy car costs close to $500 before tax .Felt bad customer had to get it towed somewhere else to sit until he can save the cash to Getturdun
    Last edited by Witsend; 06-05-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Yuck
      Attached Files

Comment

• Tech_A
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
        Yuck
        That is definitely an extension of one's ideologies and values.

Any follow up on why the vehicle ran better after clearing codes (maybe learned values too) ?

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Any follow up on why the vehicle ran better after clearing codes (maybe learned values too) ?
          I don't know , After I changed the accelerator position sensor and cleared the codes the APP sensor 1 registered voltage change fine ,It started and ran fine and after an hour stalled and after clearing codes with scan tool started up. I referred to power supply cleaned ground E15 and bunch of grounds in the engine compartment , unplugged and re-seated throttle body connector, drove it around for entire entire day without issue other than Air conditioning would intermittently stop working at times. Customer did not want me to go into that issue. Customer drove for 3 days before it quit and had to tow it. I went back into it and could see no APP sensor1 (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1)voltage change. Due to the hooded hinge and lever design of the PCM connectors and small gauge wires I had to use small diameter sewing pins in the connector terminals themselves to test continuity and load tested APP sensor 1 wires from one end to another with a bulbed test light which lit up just fine yet no 5 volt reference was available to the APP sensor1 wire that should of had it . All fuses tested good. I figured I would go back to basics and test fuel pressure and spark before condemning the ECM,No fuel pressure test port but could hear fuel pump relay clicking inside the Intelligent Power Distribution Module, but no fuel pump sound in back when activating with my scanner and back probed brown wires of connector at IPDM and found the fuel pump power feed wire was indeed powering up.Threw all the garbage into the hatch area and removed rear seat, accessed fuel pump connector and verified good power and ground , but fuel pump was dead. Told the customer the fuel pump needs to be changed and car will start , but don't think ECM 5Volt feed to APP sensor 1 suddenly is mysteriously going to fix itself and turn back on with a new fuel pump installed , unless the IPDM is selectively cutting one of the power feeds to ECM or something....and yes I did install a new Nissan APP sensor , not a salvage yard one. Surprised it was less than $50

Comment

• Tech_A
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
            I don't know , After I changed the accelerator position sensor and cleared the codes the APP sensor 1 registered voltage change fine ,It started and ran fine and after an hour stalled and after clearing codes with scan tool started up. I referred to power supply cleaned ground E15 and bunch of grounds in the engine compartment , unplugged and re-seated throttle body connector, drove it around for entire entire day without issue other than Air conditioning would intermittently stop working at times. Customer did not want me to go into that issue. Customer drove for 3 days before it quit and had to tow it. I went back into it and could see no APP sensor1 (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1)voltage change. Due to the hooded hinge and lever design of the PCM connectors and small gauge wires I had to use small diameter sewing pins in the connector terminals themselves to test continuity and load tested APP sensor 1 wires from one end to another with a bulbed test light which lit up just fine yet no 5 volt reference was available to the APP sensor1 wire that should of had it . All fuses tested good. I figured I would go back to basics and test fuel pressure and spark before condemning the ECM,No fuel pressure test port but could hear fuel pump relay clicking inside the Intelligent Power Distribution Module, but no fuel pump sound in back when activating with my scanner and back probed brown wires of connector at IPDM and found the fuel pump power feed wire was indeed powering up.Threw all the garbage into the hatch area and removed rear seat, accessed fuel pump connector and verified good power and ground , but fuel pump was dead. Told the customer the fuel pump needs to be changed and car will start , but don't think ECM 5Volt feed to APP sensor 1 suddenly is mysteriously going to fix itself and turn back on with a new fuel pump installed , unless the IPDM is selectively cutting one of the power feeds to ECM or something....and yes I did install a new Nissan APP sensor , not a salvage yard one. Surprised it was less than $50
            I have experienced some nissan products act funny from excessive cranking and not starting. Sounds like you got it until control

Comment

Working...