Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Mt2500/mtg2500

As there does " not " appear to be a specific forum for the above scanners, I thought here ' might ' be appropriate.

I have just aqquired a newer cartridge for my MT2500 and MTG2500.

When I press the start button on either unit, on the MT2500 I get the first two ( top and third rows of lcd segments and no further, with the MTG2500, after pressing the start button, I get the full screen pixels lit and then no further.

Has anyone come across this and figured a way past this ?

It would be good as I could then have a newer cartridge for my MTG2500 which would allow me to move the 1 year older cartridge into my MT2500 and then this would be 2 years newer
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If changing your 9 v battery and cleaning the electrical contact points of the cartridge doesn't resolve issue maybe the cartridge you obtained is NFG . Thought at one stage or another the internal board may needs some kind of a hardware prom chips upgraded beforehand , to be able to use the last of the Mohican black programmable cartridges?

Comment

• WisdomWarlord
      • Jun 2018

I know, I'm a little late to the party, but if you haven't resolved this I might have a solution. On my MTG2500 and my MT2500, with the non-programmable carts in, the screen displays text pretty quick. But, with the programmable, there is a definite delay. At least 4 seconds. I thought the scanner was bad because of this. I decided I was gonna hold the QuickID button down until my thumb went numb or the scanner did something besides light up the first and 3rd rows of pixels! Well, the problem seems to be that the booting sequence and larger databases on the programmables do indeed take significantly longer. So, press and hold the QuickID button, count to 15, and if you still dont have either scanner booting up, THEN I would condemn the cartridges.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I rarely power up the MT2500 holding the button down and using the 9 v battery. Always plug it into the vehicle DLC and powers up by 12v power

Comment

• jackie
          • Jul 2018

mtg2500

hi there im very new to this scanner, and I am wanting to know a bit about it but one of things I want to know about it at the moment is the ac battery charger 12v or 24v

and realistically is it a good model?
          and does it still have some value?
          thank you Jackie.

Comment

• petar.rutesic
            • Jul 2018

Hi,

I have MTG 2500 scanner which I use mostly for my Wrangler 4.0 1995.

It worked fine until tonight - when I hook it up to DLC it powers up, all pixels on LCD lit up and then it shuts down after 4-5 secs. If I reconnect to DLC immediately same thing happens but now it shuts down in 2 secs.

Battery is bad but as far as I know battery is not used once scanner is connected to DLC. If I unplug battery I get the same symptoms.

I have multiple primary cartridges, so I don't think this is issue with cartridge since every one used to work fine before.

Any tips? Did anyone had issue like this before?

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by petar.rutesic
              Hi,

I have MTG 2500 scanner which I use mostly for my Wrangler 4.0 1995.

It worked fine until tonight - when I hook it up to DLC it powers up, all pixels on LCD lit up and then it shuts down after 4-5 secs. If I reconnect to DLC immediately same thing happens but now it shuts down in 2 secs.

Battery is bad but as far as I know battery is not used once scanner is connected to DLC. If I unplug battery I get the same symptoms.

I have multiple primary cartridges, so I don't think this is issue with cartridge since every one used to work fine before.

Any tips? Did anyone had issue like this before?

This sounds to me ( at least ) that there is a connection issue to the lcd or other connection inside the MTG2500, if you go carefully and slowly/steadily you can disassemble the unit and check/clean connections before reassembly or possibly find a working unit on eBay.com.

For anyone with a Snap On MTG2500 like myself, the original rechargeable battery can be replaced by an 800 mah PP3 battery with snap terminal connector which allows normal use again.

I did and was totally satisfied with the result.

Comment

Working...