Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chappers
    • Jul 2016

Solus scanner problem

Hello y'all,i Just joined the group today.

So, I have a solus scanner. It powers up as it should and displays the menu as normal.
    When it comes to selecting a vehicle make, it will allow you to choose one, but thats as far as it gets before freezing up.
    Has anyone come across this problem before or any advice out there to sort the problem?
    It's a Euro spec Solus from the UK if that matters
    Thank you in advance
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Welcome to the forum Chappers, don't throw that tool go down the Cr@pper just yet. I saw on E-bay (stateside)someone offers reasonable priced Solus repair service because Snappy no longer services them, and whether or not this guy has some sort of Atlas Booster software that can take damaged 6.2 software on a corrupt CF card to a new larger CF card and magically unlock Euro and say 6.2 but really be at a 14.4 level orbit remains to be seen. Maybe new cracked CF card be like buying a black cartridge for a MT2500 that work in any MT2500? It kinda sucks for Snappy they now could be losing out on at least $500 a pop selling Final Solus Legacy Software updates CF cards for unsupported Solus and Modis, that card might become corrupted in future . Maybe because someone is stepping up and fixing the Solus now they could live on for another 5 years and keep a few more folk from buying a cheap Chinese scanner.
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-11-2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• chappers
      • Jul 2016

Thank you for the reply.
      I have been looking around and the guy you mentioned seems to be my only hope of getting my solus scanner repaired.
      This is the only guy i could find: http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/Snap-On-..._qi=RTM2266084

I contacted the guy, but he informs me he can't "unlock" or do any software updates.
      Is there anyone else out there that can upgrade the solus?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Support for the original Solus ended a few updates ago. They aren't available anymore. Have you tried calling Tech Support to see if they have any advice for you?
        Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• chappers
          • Jul 2016

I had considered it, but as you say my model isn't supported anymore.
          Not sure how helpful they would be, but maybe worth a shot, ty

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I wonder if Snap On Support offers a internet Skype option so they can watch what is actually happening on the scanner screen and see what the tool is doing rather than trying to get the jest of it over the phone through a heavy accent or slang. My guess it probably be more useful right here in the USA dealing with our own Backyard Sub titles needed folk.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

The Solus isn't supported for updates or repairs, but there is still phone support for it. I'm not hopeful there is going to be a fix for it, but it's free and easy to try.
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

Working...