Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddywagon
    • Dec 2017

solus pro full charged battery voltage required

my battery will only absorb 8-30v after 4 days voltage is 8-00v put back in charging station both leds flash alternatively for the next 4 days put back in tool battery life is only 10mins charging off jump start unit voltage at charging station battery contacts is jump start output voltage of 12v what is correct voltage of solus pro battery
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

RE :- battery ( no ) life

Originally posted by paddywagon
    my battery will only absorb 8-30v after 4 days voltage is 8-00v put back in charging station both leds flash alternatively for the next 4 days put back in tool battery life is only 10mins charging off jump start unit voltage at charging station battery contacts is jump start output voltage of 12v what is correct voltage of solus pro battery
    Hi paddywagon, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your battery is shot.

However you can ( as I do ) rebuild it using cells bought from the universal marketplace, eBay 🤗🤗

These are some I am currently waiting for now to rebuild another one,

And as you can see, more capacity than standard, so longer lasting too

Comment

• fizzie
      • Feb 2018

Battery rebuild

Hi Kirk 2 questions on rebuilding a Solus Pro battery pack..
      How do you open it?
      Are the batteries soldered together or spot welds?
      I found a guy who'll rebuild it for $80 which is very close to the cost of anew batt from Snapon for $112 so I'd prefer to rebuild it myself.
      One last thing that link you posted is in the UK what are the specs on the batteries so I can find them in the USA
      Thanks!

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by fizzie
        Hi Kirk 2 questions on rebuilding a Solus Pro battery pack..
        How do you open it?
        Are the batteries soldered together or spot welds?
        I found a guy who'll rebuild it for $80 which is very close to the cost of anew batt from Snapon for $112 so I'd prefer to rebuild it myself.
        One last thing that link you posted is in the UK what are the specs on the batteries so I can find them in the USA
        Thanks!
        Hi fizzie, the seller on eBay is in Hong Kong and ships everywhere to the world, however you could try this also too

Again Hong Kong and again ships all over the world too.

The individual cell tech specs are 1.2 volt, 6000 mah/hr.

Original are only 4000 mah/hr so these are 50% better in performance, and these have welded on tags so you can solder them together easily.

And use a knife to split the case, then glue it together afterwards.

Hope this is useful.

Comment

• paddywagon
          • Dec 2017

solus battery rebuild

thanks everybody for info it will also help someone else as well just bought a s/ o verdict with a tired battery here we go again

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

My guess is support for updates and hardware has to be coming to an end for Verdict very soon if the Verus and Verus wireless are no longer supported.

Comment

• bsdkllr
              • Jan 2018

snapon shows the pack as 7.2v.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

snapon shows the pack as 7.2v.
                Look at the output of the charger. My MaxiSys battery is 3.5 V lith but the AC power adapter is still 12 v 3A output . If Solus has a barrel plug for the AC Adapter, you should be able to just attach a 12 V portable Lith Ion battery with a barrel type cable end to the Solus AC adapter port and not bother with the internal battery inside unless it's getting hot or leaking inside

Comment

• bsdkllr
                  • Jan 2018

the only problem with that is you cant connect it to a computer with the internal battery dead or missing. but as a portable option it would work great,

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

the only problem with that is you cant connect it to a computer with the internal battery dead or missing. but as a portable option it would work great,
                    I think Crusty just saved the files to a USB thumb drive and then transfers the files to SSC on his PC to view rather than tethering scanner to PC

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                      I think Crusty just saved the files to a USB thumb drive and then transfers the files to SSC on his PC to view rather than tethering scanner to PC
                      Yep.
                      Too easy really. As long as it's the Solus-PRO
                      Same thing with the Vantage-PRO (scope)

Comment

Working...