Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

pairing problem w/M2

I am considering purchasing a verdict. Snap On has allowed me to demo one for 10 days. I seem to be having a problem getting the M2 Data Aquisition device to pair with the D7 Unit. I have gone thru the pairing instructions in the Manual and cannot seem to get the 2 to pair. The S3 module is paired. I get no conformation or anything. How do I know if the 2 are paired? Should there be an icon in the lower right corner like the S3 unit has? Also seem to have another issue aswell. I seem to frequently loose data communication using the scanner. Initially I will have communication but it seems that if I back out and choose to view missfire data or something else I loose communication and have to reboot the Unit!

EDIT: Ok, It shows the M2 device to be paired in the settings menu, I just cannot seem to get a pattern to show on the D7
    Last edited by cbender; 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM.
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by cbender
    I am considering purchasing a verdict. Snap On has allowed me to demo one for 10 days. I seem to be having a problem getting the M2 Data Aquisition device to pair with the D7 Unit. I have gone thru the pairing instructions in the Manual and cannot seem to get the 2 to pair. The S3 module is paired. I get no conformation or anything. How do I know if the 2 are paired? Should there be an icon in the lower right corner like the S3 unit has? Also seem to have another issue as-well. I seem to frequently loose data communication using the scanner. Initially I will have communication but it seems that if I back out and choose to view misfire data or something else I loose communication and have to reboot the Unit!

EDIT: Ok, It shows the M2 device to be paired in the settings menu, I just cannot seem to get a pattern to show on the D7
    Hi bender, please read other post regarding Verus/Verdict S3 problems, it seems there are some issues with the S3 module, very sensitive to voltage drops or spikes, please check the Vehicles battery state of charge keeping a battery charger attached to the vehicle may help stay connected without loss of communications. we are hoping and waiting for Snap On to give us a response and a fix to this issue soon. as far as the M2 meter we still don't know if its being affected by this issue. the M2 has its own battery so I have no idea it may be a software issue or its windows. you should wait on this purchase or just go with the Modis, but if internet is what you want then I would recommend the 1st Gen Verus instead of Verdict.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• jonage
      • Oct 2010

wish i could say that would be your only problem, but it looks like i gotinto this Verdict alittle too early. They have alot of bugs to work out but at least Snap-On tech line is great.
      theres no car that i can't break.......

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Ok, you have it paired if the system settings shows your M2 under Paired devices.
        Is the M2 set to remote? This is the last selection on the right when turning the rotary dial clockwise.

Try this:
        Start the Verdict application.
        While on the Home screen of the Verdict application, turn the rotary dial on the M2 fully clockwise to the Remote position. The M2 screen will be red showing it is not connected to the D7.
        From the Home screen of the Verdict D7, select Scope Multimeter, Lab Scope, 2 Channel Lab Scope.
        It should take about 5 seconds for the D7 and the M2 to start communicating. When that happens, the M2 screen will turn blue indicating a connection, the M2 icon at the lower right side of the D7 screen will also turn partially blue indicating a connection, and the scope traces should be updating. Of the 2 icons at the lower right corner of the D7 screen, the M2 icon is on the right, the S3 is just to the left of the M2 icon.

Comment

• cbender
          • Feb 2011

(Solved)Pairing Problem with M2

Thanks for all the advice, I got the device paired. I went into the settings icon and choose add, it searched for devices and showed both the M2 & S3 Devices, I chose M2 and It has worked ever since. I have read most all review posts about the verdict and it seems that there is a lot of negative feelings about this device.The Verus Is out of my budget. For whatever reason my dealer is offering me this device for 4800.00 My personal experience with the device is that it is somewhat buggy but the price is right. I have lost communication with vehicles and have had to reboot it but when it works it is a neat tool. There are some features I like over the modis. When it comes to data archiving and printing the windows based tool seems to handle that much better. Although I do wish Snap-On would make it easier to print all pids and freeze frame data not just a screen shot.

Comment

• cbender
            • Feb 2011

once again, today the M2 device would not communicate with the D7, it showed to be paired but I had to go thru the add process to get it to communicate with the D7

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

once again, today the M2 device would not communicate with the D7, it showed to be paired but I had to go thru the add process to get it to communicate with the D7
              When it does not comm, what exactly is happening? For example, does selecting scope from the D7 (with the meter set to remote) change the screen on the M2 from red to blue or does it remain red?
              Is the Record or Pause button on the D7 unghosted? If so press Record or Pause and see if that establishes comm. If Pause establishes comm (M2 screen blue), you will then have to press Record to display live data.
              What versions of M2 and D7 do you have?
              The M2 will display the version info for a few seconds when you first turn it on.
              The D7 version info can displayed by selecting Menu, Help, Version Info.

Comment

• cbender
                • Feb 2011

The M2 screen stays red when in the remote setting
                M2 HW Ver S4.31
                FW Ver P1.48
                D7 Ver 2.0.2.2223
                Today the M2 device seems to be communicating fine.

Every now and then I also seem to have problems with the scanner displaying that the scanner hardware cannot be detected, when in fact it is connected and the vehicle key is on. Usually happens after I have already established communication with the vehicle but back out to use troubleshooter and then re-enter the scanner feature. The S3 will have the the green "car" light on after a few tries it will eventually connect.

Comment

Working...