Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLWheeler
    • Sep 2015

SSC & Windows 10

Has anyone had any problems using SSC & Windows 10? When trying to use the codes viewer within SSC, I started to get an error message that the "file is corrupt or not a codes file". If I locate the file within Windows and double click it, it will open the codes viewer and the file will open fine, but not have the option to print. I tried to download the files from my Modus again, but I get the same error message. I have tried to repair the SSC install as well as a complete removal and reinstall. Nothing works. It all works fine on my home computer. I called Snap-On tech support and was told they can't help me since I'm running Win 10. I know the file is not corrupt as I can open it, just not through SSC. I'm running the latest version of SSC on both computers and have the latest updates from Microsoft on both computers.
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

It took Snap-on F O R E V E R to make SSC work with Win8, so you're probably up sh*t creek for some time.....

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
      Snap-on D&I
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MLWheeler
      Has anyone had any problems using SSC & Windows 10? When trying to use the codes viewer within SSC, I started to get an error message that the "file is corrupt or not a codes file". If I locate the file within Windows and double click it, it will open the codes viewer and the file will open fine, but not have the option to print. I tried to download the files from my Modus again, but I get the same error message. I have tried to repair the SSC install as well as a complete removal and reinstall. Nothing works. It all works fine on my home computer. I called Snap-On tech support and was told they can't help me since I'm running Win 10. I know the file is not corrupt as I can open it, just not through SSC. I'm running the latest version of SSC on both computers and have the latest updates from Microsoft on both computers.
      Can you post a screen capture of the error?
      When did you start getting the error?
      Was it immediately after updating to Win 10?
      If you take one of the files from the computer where SSC won't open them and copy it to the one that does, will it then open the file? That is a quick check to make sure the file hasn't been changed for some reason.
      Last edited by Rich Shepherd; 09-14-2015, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• MLWheeler
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
        Can you post a screen capture of the error?
        When did you start getting the error?
        Was it immediately after updating to Win 10?
        If you take one of the files from the computer where SSC won't open them and copy it to the one that does, will it then open the file? That is a quick check to make sure the file hasn't been changed for some reason.
        "The Viewer cannot display the file. It may be corrupted or it's not a codes file."
        This is exactly what it says when I try to open the file

I was editing the file names, it was working in Windows 10. I suspect this is the root of my problem, but have not found it yet.

I have not tried that yet, but plan to. I didn't have access to my work computer over the weekend.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
          Snap-on D&I
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MLWheeler
          "The Viewer cannot display the file. It may be corrupted or it's not a codes file."
          This is exactly what it says when I try to open the file

I was editing the file names, it was working in Windows 10. I suspect this is the root of my problem, but have not found it yet.

I have not tried that yet, but plan to. I didn't have access to my work computer over the weekend.
          Update:
          In working with MLwheeler, it was determined that quotation marks entered in the Shop Info were causing the viewer to display the error when it tried to access the shop Info. It was not related to Win 10. Removing them from the Shop Info eliminated the error and the viewer is now working ok. That is being addressed now so the fix would not be in version 11.1.0.2 of SSC that was just released in the US Monday 10/19.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I think I will hold off downloading SSC to my Windows 10 till the next upgrade or when I get another newer Snap on platform to actually use program other than to just open some SSC pid files on other's posts that I cannot view without it.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

SSC and Windows 10

SSC version 11.1.0.2 (released in October) has now been approved for use on Win 10 capable PCs.
              The system requirements and FAQ's on the website have been updated.

Comment

Working...