Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hecticelectricauto
    • Jun 2016

Possibly damaged the recovery partition

Hello I recently purchased a used verdict that had some software issues. I originally just purchased it for parts. But then noticed that it could become operational again. So I did a system restore and planned on having tech support reinstall the software. Well about half way thru the system restore one of my lovely children knocked the cord out of the wall and the verdict powered off. I somehow magically after fixing some registry errors with a hirens boot cd got it to boot back into Windows. Now I have no option for a system restore.
    So anyone had a similar problem?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I am sure there are some folk that have had one Blue Screen before and had to send out for repair they just don't want to talk about The Preparation H for HD replacement and re-imaging costs they likely incurred.
    I would call support and get yourself a ballpark figure on re imaging to what the last software the unit's serial number was at, I would not send my unit out for re-imaging before I knew whether or not the hard drive in it is healthy and fan works ok and every thing inside looks clean and looks seated squarely into Mo Bo.
    Also keep in mind if you buy one of these things super cheap as is off e-bay or Craigslist without thorough documentation of ownership , Snappy won't run it's serial number over phone unless you can give the last registered owner's name and information on record with SO credit. If you send it in and it be found to be on a stolen Scanner serial # list, which likely adds in non re-possessed units of dealers to the equation, you have to ask yourself , Do You Feel Lucky, Well Do Ya?

Comment

Working...