P2A04 (P0157) HO2S performance Bank 2 Sensor 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesO
    • Dec 2014

For standard OBDII PID's, I use a low cost smart phone App and Bluetooth interface to Log data while I drive then I can export the data and graph the data on a computer using MS Excel that allows my to pick and choose what I want go graph. I can also review the .CSV Log files by quickly looking at data down the columns.

The beauty of this is as follows:

I can Log all PID's so I do not have to cherry pick what I want to Log. This allows me to see the big picture and I can then go back and look at events from many angles depending on what PID's I choose to graph.

The smart phone/tablet is small and easy to have in the car unlike larger scan tools or laptops.

The connection is wireless so I do not have a cable in the drivers seating area.

This data can easily be stored, forward by email so no need to any special software or connection to a computer to then graph the data.

Below are some examples of O2 sensor graphs I have generated from a number of different cars. I also use the Cold start Log to evaluate if the O2 sensors are lazy, initial cold O2 sensor performance is a far better indicator of O2 sensor health.

I prefer the OBDFusion App, it is available for both Android and iProducts. $10 for iProducts, $4 for Android.

As for interfaces, I use VeePeak standard Bluetooth interfaces for Android, they are around $12. For iProducts I use VeePeak LE Bluetooth interfaces which are around $30 each.

So for between $20 and $40 you can have a generic OBD scan tool you can carry in your pocket and easily Log data for review and graph on a computer. Sure you can try to graph on the App, but suggest you do not even consider this as graphing on almost any App or software comes up WAY short on any tool even in the $3-$5k range.

Graphs below:
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...