The GM Per Vehicle Menu

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

I have dreams too.Everything has a cost,it's good for me that the OEMs make as much available to the aftermarket as they do.
    The "per account/per licence" deal is for dealerships as well.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Lol, where's the cold beer?
      I can actually forsee GM in a few years with the OnStar actually keeping a car with a cold engine in Park for one minute and pitching product Commercials like at the newer gas pumps for 60 seconds before the car will engage in gear, and that you should take advantage of available GM calibration updates and security updates for your car's computer systems while there , and get your free Dunkin dognut special when you buy a medium coffee if you hold your smart phone over the dot matrix symbol on your car's information center. The entertainment centers will download entertainment geared to your children with Cars cartoon movies showing all the GM model cars as the good guys and the competition models as the rusty smokers and the bad guys of the movies to program their future customers.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Witsend; 03-13-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

The dealerships have to $40 a pop too ? I hope they atleast get break on the warranty flashes.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

So here is what it looks like when you sign up your second vehicle. It saves the VIN of the previous vehicles.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greasybob
            The dealerships have to $40 a pop too ? I hope they atleast get break on the warranty flashes.
            No.They pay yearly and at a different rate than we do.The amount of PCs per account/licence is what I was referring to.
            They really don't get a lot of breaks though and don't have a choice of which diagnostic tools to buy or to some extent,how many.Hyundai for example no longer supports the GDS,now it's GDS Mobile,based on Samsung tablets and dealers have to have at least two at around $4000 cdn a pop.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

I just checked my account and the only option I have is to buy another subscription. When I click on "More..." It takes me to another page where the heading says "VIN Subscriptions" and under it says "No VIN Subscriptions". Then at the top Right it has a box with "Show All Subscriptions". I click that and it shows me the car I purchased the programmed for along with it's VIN but that's it. So how Do I access SPS for that car again if it comes back????

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Glide
                No.They pay yearly and at a different rate than we do.The amount of PCs per account/licence is what I was referring to.
                They really don't get a lot of breaks though and don't have a choice of which diagnostic tools to buy or to some extent,how many.Hyundai for example no longer supports the GDS,now it's GDS Mobile,based on Samsung tablets and dealers have to have at least two at around $4000 cdn a pop.
                OMG! This is why small independent shops are reluctant to buy OEM tools and software. They change them so fast! A dealer can afford 4k since all they do is Hyundai/Kia. But a small shop? They couldn't afford this yearly. Plus the subscription fees and other ****. I really wished we had dealer lever access to prgramming Hyundai and Kia's. Not just PCM programming. Unless the Repair Act will also give us the same access like Ford and GM.

Comment

Working...