Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

honda accord coupe 1993 abs light

Hi all, the solus pro 10.4 ukspec does not do honda 1993 abs circuits,apart fromthe rennacs web site, does any one know which snap on machine may be able to fault code read the abs circuit??
    cheers andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • autodoc
    • Aug 2008

autoboss v30 or launchx431

Comment

• nemo
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by andybaz
      does any one know which snap on machine may be able to fault code read the abs circuit??
      cheers andy
      The Euro s/w on your Solus Pro for Honda starts at 1999. But despite the older vehicle not being listed you can decipher the blink codes quite easily. If you decipher the blink codes you will get a greater understanding of what may be wrong.
      Here is the manual procedure:
      1, Locate the 2 pin DLC. This is found under the glovebox.
      2, Bridge the two pins of the connector
      3, Turn on the ign key - don't start the engine.
      3a, After the ign s/w is turned on the ABS MIL light illuminates for 2 seconds in order to check the bulb.
      3b, The ABS ECU can memorise 3 DTC's.
      3c. There will be a 5 second pause before it "blinks" the next stored complete code (Main & subcode).
      4, Take note of the blink code emitted by the "on - off" status/timing of the ABS MIL.
      5, Example:
      Turn on ignition - there will be 2 second bulb check.
      Followed by a 2 second pause.
      Then...Blink1, Blink2, Blink3, Blink4 = a maincode of 4
      Followed by a 1 second pause
      Then... Blink1, Blink2 = a subcode of 2

The secenario above = Main code 4 with a sub code of 2 which means:

Left front wheel sensor.

If you post the Blink codes I should be able to give you the meaning of that/those codes. Remember that a second code present will reveal itself 5 seconds after.
      Hope this helps you.

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

thank you to those who have read this, eventually found a web site,complete with manual for diagnostic workfor the uk vehicle,didnt pay a penny . as my customer was not local they ar having their local garage follow the test procedures.

I am still on the look out for other diag machines to read older cars,and like the reviews for the V30 AutoBoss, but think will have to pop to along to a dealer to see one being used and then can ask questions, rather than being left hi and dry to resolve my own problems with the assistance and views from all on this site.

cheers for everyones comments to date,

Merry christmass to you all
        Toyota pro tech & ata
        PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

Working...