Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

PIUD list and set to to record when eml light comes on

Hi, after some help and guidance please.
    Going back to basics - PID list, what does PID stand for?

Secondly, i set my pro to a v.corsa b, went to graph mode and along the top SNAPSHOT facility, set to PID trigger, then went for a drive, the EML light came on - BUT IT DID NOT RECORD ANYTTHING.

Am i spose to do something else ? am i missing a step ?.

The car i am working with is my 1st actual job where i am actually out driving the car to get live data when problem arrises, look forward to your views friends.

ANDY
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by andybaz
    Hi, after some help and guidance please.
    Going back to basics - PID list, what does PID stand for?
    PID is an acronym for Parameter IDentification

Secondly, i set my pro to a v.corsa b, went to graph mode and along the top SNAPSHOT facility, set to PID trigger, then went for a drive, the EML light came on - BUT IT DID NOT RECORD ANYTTHING.

Am i spose to do something else ? am i missing a step ?.
    You have to tell the scan tool which PIDs you would like to trigger off of and what the trigger levels are. Have you watched the training videos for your Solus Pro yet? http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/u...ns/Courses.htm

I recommend watching both videos. However, to get acquainted with the PID trigger function, choose the Level Two video and start at slide 43.

The car i am working with is my 1st actual job where i am actually out driving the car to get live data when problem arrises, look forward to your views friends.

ANDY
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Do it manually. Just set up the machine in the system tools to save 10% after trigger. This will make 90% of the buffer data save which is usually several minutes depending on which vehicle and system you're working on. It's usually 5 minutes or more so the preceeding event that triggers the code set is usually in the buffer.

Pick pid list or graph view, then set the blue highlight on the third box from the right at the top.
      Push the button once, the drop down menu is blue on "save movie".
      Push the button a second time and another screen pops into view where you can select year/make/model/component (I just leave this screen alone as I save the data in folders later anyway and it's quicker to just leave it blank)
      Push the button a third time, and it'll save the movie.

Just a slight pause after each button push to allow the screen to change, and in less than 3 seconds a recording of the past 5 minutes is stored.

Set the blue highlight over the third box, and rest your thumb over the Y button and you don't need to take your eyes off the road or the dash.

Light comes on, press the Y button, press it a second time, press it a third time.....movie saved.
      HTH

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Hi Crusty, thats how i took my live road test scan, covered the y button is a good idea, although i know how to get the eml light on, so i pushed record then drove an d 10 secs in the light pops on and the car faulters and im now recording data, i view the car speed and remember this when i view movie, i will try your method covering the button an hit as light comes on.

If only SO UK would answer my concerns, i wouldnt be asking all my questions here after 2 years of ownership.

Hi Orevin, will have another go at what you have mentioned,cheers.

Cheers to every one else, thank you
        Toyota pro tech & ata
        PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

Working...