Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterYota47
    • May 2019

Zues day 3, won't boot. Not cool

Traded in my trusty Modis Ultra in for a new Zues on Thursday. Used it a bit Thursday afternoon and again Friday. Had IT department get me setup on the work wifi with the techstreams not the public WiFi, and set me up on the printer I share with another tech. Fully operational at work and home, great success! So last night I activated the shopkey trial and realized I may have to go talk management into a subscription. I stay up reading the faq's and finally call it a night. Close Google chrome, close the diag suite program, and lastly shut down the tool. This morning I power the Zues on and first the Snapon screen comes up followed by a very strange screen.
    Traded in my trusty Modis Ultra in for a new Zues on Thursday. Used it a bit Thursday afternoon and again Friday. Had IT department get me setup on the work wifi with the techstreams not the public WiFi, and set me up on the printer I share with another tech. Fully operational at work and home, great success! So last night I activated the shopkey trial and realized I may have to go talk management into a subscription. I stay up reading the faq's and finally call it a night. Close Google chrome, close the diag suite program, and lastly shut down the tool. This morning I power the Zues on and first the Snapon screen comes up followed by a very strange screen.

I can not get past this screen at all. It's like it went back in time 25 years because it's asking for a floppy drive and it thinks I have a keyboard. Also is it referring to windows Vista!?!?!

Typical this would happen at the start of a holiday weekend. Any of you guys ever run in to anything like this in a Zues or Verus? Disappointing to say the least.

Here is a video of the boot up sequence, tell me what you guys think. It was working fine last night and shut down without any issues, it didn't start any updates before shutting down or anything, battery was charged when it was shut down, then it was unplugged and placed back in it's case. I've tried the typical remove the battery, boot it up without the battery on a/c power, but this is what I get every time. Any of you guys ever seen anything like it?
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If I had to venture a guess It might be trying to boot off an old bootleg image of Wreckstream . Snappy and Toyota were in bed together creating that platform years ago.

Comment

• MasterYota47
      • May 2019

Damn I'm sure how that would happen. The I.T. guy just got the tool set up on the network at work, I do not have any Toyota software nor did I visit any Toyota related websites etc. Literally all I've done is scan a Nissan, a Subaru, and sign up for all the things the Zues came with like product registration, shopkey trial, etc. Just all seems odd a lame. Plus the I.T. people connected it on Friday and it worked fine all Saturday. Just this a.m. that this issue started. Purchased Thursday, dead on Sunday. I'll see what Snapon says and keep this updated.

Comment

• MasterYota47
        • May 2019

Well that was easy. Called Snapon diag and got everything sorted out. All that was needed was a keyboard to hit enter and then it booted right up. He mentioned of the battery goes dead this can happen on reboot, but my battery didn't go dead at all. None the less im glad it's working and I will continue to monitor this issue

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Nice tip! My has yet to do this since I always connect it to power once I see it hit 30%. Either way, thanks for the info.

Comment

• vmsmech
            • Jan 2023

Reboot fail

Thanx for the follow up on this one- just happened to me-Saturday of course! I searched and found this thread-now I am on my way back into the shop with an answer-thanx again!

Comment

Working...